Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ladies snowboard bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please can anyone recommend a reliable pair of bindings for me to buy?
I’m advanced ability and very fed up of buying expensive bindings which pop out of their cleats when I’m riding anything remotely steep and bumpy. I’ve never been frightened on my board until this season when I could hear and feel the bindings popping almost open mid piste.
I took my current ones to a tech and asked him to check them over for safety and he said they were ok but it was probably caused by ice in the ratchet.
They are Roxy Torah Bright bindings https://goo.gl/images/Xg5p1V
Any advice and help would be much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use Flows (rear entry style). They do a specific women's range, and several versions: levels of stiffness, technical differences etc. Also do a hybrid style if you don't like the trad Flow type.
Mr G has used them most of his boarding life (piste/OP, not park) and I like them too, though they are heavy; I hate toe bindings, so find they suit me in that way too, a lot of foot control.
Very rarely to ever had a problem with them as, technically (though not in reality always with the newer design), you never take the ratchet straps off the ratchet 'buckle', only move the back.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Freestyle, We have been using Burton bindings for years with no problems at all. No slips from the ratchets. Could you replace your ratchets with Burton ones?

Edit. Mrs cad uses Burton Lexas.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't know about ladies specific bindings, but I bought Union bindings to replace my Burtons because of their "bulletproof reputation".
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have Women's Burton Lexa bindings on my regular board (a Torah Bright eminence board) and they have been great for the 3 years I've had them (been over plenty of bumps, jumps and down steep stuff and lots of offpiste fine). I also have Burton hitchhiker bindings on my splitboard and they are really good so far (only used them for 3 days). They feel really solid. I think the double take straps / buckles on the more expensive Burton bindings are worth paying for.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rogg wrote:
I don't know about ladies specific bindings, but I bought Union bindings to replace my Burtons because of their "bulletproof reputation".

Interestingly I've had two pairs of union FC's blow apart on me - but all good on Force's. The FC's had some manufacturing issues I think. Swapped heel cups bolts and high backs for Force parts and all good.

My kids, both girls, 100 ish days a year riders, use Burton Escapades and really rate them, never had any issues with them.

But if it's just the ratchets slipping on your bindings, it's easy enough to get new ladder straps and buckles for not much money, and they tend to be interchangeable between bindings. Union or Burton straps and buckles usually fit - I've swapped all the ratchets and ladders on my NOW bindings for burton, and they are much better.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Never had a problem with Burton ratchets in my snowboard years. In fact ratchets from Ride, Morrow and Drake were all pretty reliable- heelhoops and highbacks rather less so.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for Burton Lexas
Well made, should last years
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I love my old Burton CO2s and have had them on a Vapor since 2009. Still going strong after 10 years and have never let me down.

For my powder board I bought Burton Genesis and I don't like these as much. The ratchets don't slide through to the tension point as easily and you end up ratcheting them from the first tooth. The toe caps are made of some grippy rubber, which means they feel like they are tight, but then gradually slip and work loose. The ankle ratchets are really nice though, super comfy with a large pad area.

As now skiing more for on piste days, I've put my CO2s on my powder board.

I wish I could find another set of CO2s.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks so much everyone - I have just ordered some new Burton ones. Although I had to replace various straps on the last pair I owned, they never came loose so were never dangerous. I was tempted by the Unions but, it being January, my budget couldn’t stretch (after all I was not planning on changing my bindings) and the Burtons were the last pair in the sale. I look forward to road testing themin my next trip in March.
Thanks again to you all - have a great safe season everyone!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hang11 wrote:

Interestingly I've had two pairs of union FC's blow apart on me - but all good on Force's. The FC's had some manufacturing issues I think. Swapped heel cups bolts and high backs for Force parts and all good.

I’ve got forces and other than cosmetics they’re perfect after about 10 weeks.

I had to replace the ladders on the burtons a couple of times - they wore really badly, apparently something to do with my boots being close to the smallest to fit on that size.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy