Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MARKER KINGPIN RECALL

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Users may be aware that Marker have had some issues with toe pin breakages on some 17/18 bindings and today they have issued a safety recall. The details are as follows:

RECALL NOTICE
Marker Recalls 2017-2018 Kingpin 10 and 13 Touring bindings toe parts

IDENTIFICATION
Model Numbers:

Toe Identification:

Serial numbers between the following ranges are required to be exchanged. Note that only one heel out of the pair has this number.

ACTION:
If your bindings are included in the recall then stop using them and return them to a Marker Authorised Retailer and the toe pieces of recalled bindings will be replaced at no charge. Users may not keep the original toes.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Note that none of my Kingpin sales are affected by the warranty recall.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@spyderjon, Happy Birthday!
Thanks for the info btw, checked my 13's and they're 283xxx so presumably before the current crop of problems, but after the first wave of pins falling out, I checked with Intersport when I bought them and they phoned the importer to check they were the revised model.....
Haven't broken yet so I presume that's the case!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@spyderjon, Will be interesting to see how we're expected to deal with the replacements, and remounting................. Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spyderjon, Thanks for the info.
I've got a pair of Kingpin 10 with a recall serial number. I've emailed Marker ( K2) but their just central distribution/office, I think. Interestingly the Marker store search gives Paris as my nearest official place.

Do you know who can replace them in SE London area?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@fifiskis, you can take affected bindings to any Authorised Marker Retailer however, as CH20 states above, the retailers have not yet received details of the logistics of the exchange process.

However don't be surprised if a retailed will only handle bindings that they supplied.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello!
I´m on the list! My Brand new KP13 are on the list and tomorrow im fluing to the andes. Im in Buenos Aires, Argentina right now. No answers from Marker nor Backcountry.com. I could only contact the local dealer who´s out of KP13 but he offered me to swap my toe pieces for a pair of Brand new unused 2016 Kingpin 10 toes. So, should I get those? would I feel any difference? Retention issues? Im quite a heavy dude and got the 13s since my dins are usually around 11 or mostlikely 12.
Or should I stick to the "potential failure" and see what happens? Opposite to what I tought, the local dudes where waaaaaay more receptive and helpfull that the real responsibles. Backcountry.com: I´m a big fan and old customer, but their attutide was quite dissapointing with no useful answwers afeter almost 14 days of contacting them… They said "we´re waiting for Marker for an answer" Come on, send me a replacement!
Plase any opinions or ideas Will be welcome!
Thank you!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SouthSkier, pretty sure the toes are the same apart from the spring colour, sure Spyderjon will confirm, I'd get them swapped out Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just spotted your question on the other thread........
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Over on the Facebook ‘British Backcountry’ group, a member has posted that one of his pins has sheared off today whilst touring. A timely reminder to get the recall done if your bindings are affected.

Off to the shop tomorrow!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I no longer own any Kingpins.
My Navis Freebirds and freshly replaced orange Kingpins got nicked in Val D in Dec!
But thanks very much Finches Ski shop in Forest Hill for kindly replacing them the week before.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@fifiskis, Sad. I know a few people who have had skis nicked in Val D both this and last season.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hodgkins wrote:
.....Off to the shop tomorrow!

I hope you're not after a speedy replacement as Marker appear to be taking 5/6 weeks to replace.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon wrote:
I hope you're not after a speedy replacement

Spoke with shop on Wednesday and new front bindings fitted on Friday. 10/10 for Mountain Story in Tignes Le Lac.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy