Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long Weekend Accommodation Availability - Tirol

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wondering how far ahead of time does weekend accommodation for the big Tirolean resorts, preferably St Anton, start appearing online? We are looking to book for 1-4 March for 5 adults and as expected there is currently nothing available other than very expensive options. I appreciate owners want to hold out for week-long bookings and as such hold off advertising weekend only availability, especially as it corresponds with the tail end of European holidays. We have already booked flights to Innsbruck and cancellable accommodation at the Ibis by the Innsbruck station as a fallback option.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good luck - I found they wouldn’t budge on less than a week, even when the snow wasn’t as amazing as it is currently across Austria.

Hopefully you’ll be OK as they’ve entered three weeks between high season demand.

I assume you’ve already tried hotels.com and booking.com?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Snow&skifan, yep have tried the usual booking websites and also St Anton accommodation. Am certain we will find something, somewhere.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you go on the local website - https://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en - there are a few options on there already. We have just come back from St Anton (tail end of New Year's week - apparently the busiest time to go) and got a hotel in Pettneu Thurs - Sun via that website. You may want to be more ski in/ ski out but it was great.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Newbie72, Thanks I'll look again. What is Pettneu like to stay at and how easy to get to st Anton? Not fussed about Ski in/out if there is transport nearby. Are there any bars in Pettnau for apres Apres?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ozboy, I often go for the weekend but I find I have to wait until the Monday before to find any availability, owners wait to see if they are going to get full weeks. Not much help for 5 though. Pettneu is fine, there are a few places to eat and drink. In the middle is the Hotel Schwarzer Adler which has a restaurant and directly opposite is Fredl's Stadl which is basically a bar with a few small items of food (I would assume it is still a smoking place), I seem to remember there is a pizzeria too possibly other spots too.

Easy to get ski bus which takes about 10 mins to Nassereinbahn.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Its very quiet - a few restaurants etc but probably not the place for apres ski (or even apres Apres Very Happy ).

The (free) ski bus is every 15 mins until about 11.30, then less frequent, and every 15 mins in the opposite direction from about 3pm - arrives on time and after a couple of stops in Pettneu, goes straight to St A without stopping, takes about 10 mins into St A. It runs until about 6pm, then there is a "night bus" that you have to pay for (a few euros). Most of the hotels offer a "deposit" in St A, so you leave your skis there, hop on the bus at the bottom of the lifts (maybe a 30 second walk in ski boots) and collect them the following morning. No faff with carrying skis etc.

A few drinks in St A at the end of the day and then back to Pettneu.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Ozboy, stayed in Pettneu for a few weeks in 09. Ski busses come very regularly around the time lifts open/close in the morning/evening, so no issue getting to the slopes then, but they are much less frequent during the day. Getting back early evening (ie after apres and before the night busses start) can be harder, but taxis aren't that expensive (10 minute journey).

I only remember one bar really in Pettneu. I remember thinking it a 'cosy old man pub' - so now a few years older probably a pretty nice place Laughing Haven't been there since though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@munich_irish, @Newbie72, thanks

@clarky999, we are torn between staying near St Anton or just staying in Innsbruck and doing a day trip (+apres) to St A on the Saturday, and other times ski around Innsbruck including Friday afternoon at Nordkette and visit Cloud9 bar. May hit you up for some INN skiing recommendations if we do the latter. Our group has done St Anton many times so open to new ideas.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy