Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites Whistle-stop 3 days

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the more astute might deduce from the title, I have 3 days skiing coming up, based in Arabba. The conditions I assume will be as now, with little snow or poor weather forecast, so most things will be open and running. I went to Arabba last year so know some routes, but from the years of BB and PBB visiting can I ask for suggestions of a 3 day itinerary please? I have in mind....
1. Sella Ronda clockwise, branching off around Val Gardens and Corvara as we fancy.
2. Marmolada and the rest of the day towards VG and back
3. Head the opposite way to take in Alta Badia pistes and La Villa GS run.
In no particular order other than weather choosing the best Marmolada day.
As substitutes I have a day in Alleghe, or a day in Kronplatz. We do have a car so can travel for a day out. I also don't really want the Hidden Valley as part of it, I think it eats too much into a short period.
Our group is 2 adults, competent Piste skiers able to travel as fast as we need to.
Any better 1,2,3 suggestions gratefully considered, though away days in the car probably limited to 1 of the 3.
Thanks in advance, and hopefully it may be of some interest to the upcoming (P) BB'ers.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Alba/Ciampac area is definitely worth a visit, made easier with the new lifts into and out of Alba.

The Ciampac to Alba 'black' being my favourite run in the area Smile

------ edit -----

Ski tour Panorama

https://www.fassa.com/EN/Ski-tours--Skiing-theme-ways-through-the-Dolomites-of-Val-di-Fassa/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would agree with albob re a trip via Alba. Makes a good day if you combine with Marmolada as you can go up there first easily from Arabba and then after a coffee at the bottom it is straightforward to move on to Col Rodella and from there to Alba via the newish lift down. Gives you lunch somewhere on that circuit and then a nice return to Arabba.

A day via Alta Badia then down into La Villa and out to Pedraces (Santa Croce) and back may be worth considering.

Start a day on the Portavescovo blacks while they are fresh, then cruise round to Piz Seteur and drop down into Monte Pana, exit from there to bottom of Saslong so you can go up and down there before continuing the Sella Ronda circuit and spending on the time you can take a brief excursion up Edelwiss or a loop of Cir/Danterceipies while keeping an eye on the time for the last lift out of Campolungo.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski Panorama is superb.
Cinque Torri is small but awesome
Civetta is always stunning. Alleghe to cinque Torri and back using the little bus is a great day out and some awesome skiing and views

Marmolada ok but a kind of do it cos it's there run
Kronplatz ok but a bit shaky
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy