Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kaprun, what can you tell me?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all, found some cheap flights to salzburg and cheap acommodation in kaprun leaving on wednesday (12 dec), looks like alot of bussing around which is fine if there is snow at the end! Anyone on the ground able to give me a heads up on the conditions at the mo?,
Cheers

Obviously the glacier has snow, was thinking more wind, vivibility etc
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like Zell has a few runs open, and would probably be opening a few more after this snowfall.
https://www.bergfex.com/schmittenhoehe-zellamsee/schneebericht/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@freeridechef, better places yo go in the amade with better vis. Hauser Kaibling, flachauwinkl...think they are open all week now but you can check.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the quick response! I should add I prefer off piste hence looking at the glaciers, but looking for nearby areas if poor vis
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
freeridechef wrote:
...I prefer off piste hence looking at the glaciers...

Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@freeridechef, PM Kookie or Scarpa
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Kitzteinhorn is a pretty bleak prospect in the winter and especially so in mid-December. The skiing is OK but given that the lower resorts nearby will have snow next week, I would recommend staying low. There is some fun to be had in Hochkonig and the Skicircus away from the pistes and you'll get a better lunch and there's more oxygen, which helps! As you've saved on the flights and accomodation, get a car from SZG and a Superski lift pass and try a few different areas. Even the Gasteins are fun for a day if you like retro lifts.......
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks klamm franzer, was in the gasteins last year for 10 days, sportgastein was probably the worst of the lot, never thought I would see so many rocks in glacier area.
Do you know where is good with a small amount of snow? ie grassy slopes that fill in quickly?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pass Thurn, maybe it starts a bit higher and is quite open allowing you to make plenty of lines between the pistes. You can get over to the Kitzbuhel side too.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Get on a train or car and go to Lech.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Once this storm blows through the conditions should be great. The sking on the glacier last week was very good although no off piste, the forecast for Thursday and Friday is good with very little wind so the glacier should be fine.
Saalbach and Zell should have more open by then.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Do you know where is good with a small amount of snow? ie grassy slopes that fill in quickly?

Saalbach (whose ski area of course includes Austria's freeride mecca, Fieberbrunn) (For enticing freeride videos search Youtube for "Richard Bergenholtz Saalbach")
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not a place I'll be returning to, regardless of the conditions. There are plenty of countries and resorts with good (and better) skiing that don't require dealing with the arrogant pieces of work I experienced in Kaprun/Zell earlier this year
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@magriggs, what happened specifically?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@magriggs, Come to Saalbach - lots of friendly people (not as high and mighty as Kaprun Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy