Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Annual insurance with a decent payout amount for rental skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Sorry another boring insurance question- can't see my specific question via the search but didn't spend that long looking Very Happy

Looking for an annual policy to cover a trip to Canada skiing and also mountain biking (including downhill) in Europe.

We will be renting advanced skis in Canada (can't remember how much rental place said we'd have to pay last time if we didn't return them but it was a lot more than insurance covered! They were trying to sell us their insurance per day).

Just doing a compare the meerkat search and most companies only offer a few hundred for rental equipment- best I've got so far is Virgin money offering £500 and annual policy is £157- anyone come across anything better that meets my requirements?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@MCL, this is not as daft a question as it might sound but what are you trying to cover against?

Damage? Will be defined by the shop and if you trash them the insurance won’t pay out.

Theft? You won’t be covered unless they are secured.

So if you’re leaving them outsidea restaurant, unsecured, and they’re nicked, some shops will demand the full retail value (no matter the actual purchase cost to them)... just because they can ....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, thanks for your reply- ah so if they are knicked we're stuffed anyway unless we have locked them up. Presume that would be the same with the rental shops pay per day insurance.

It's just been the last few years we've changed from taking our own skis to renting as we've liked trying out different skis and our own are a few years old now
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@MCL, reasonably sure any policy I’ve read, including our current ones require some sort of security, which is why we carry little cable locks and are in the habit of using them.

Worst bit of course, at least if it’s anything like when I was a rep, the shop buys rental specific skis for a 10th (20th?) of the retail price, but charges full retail to replace the knacked end of second season rentals that got picked up by mistake.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MPI say: "We also appreciate certain actions cannot really be avoided, such as leaving your skis/boards outside a mountain restaurant, or sneaking through a snowpark for a quick jump, therefore there are no exclusions regarding snowparks or loss of skis up a mountain."
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@sugarmoma666, well! I know MPI have a great reputation, but that really is excellent.

In fairness, having skis nicked in town is much more attractive for thieves, than outside e.g. the Schilthorn.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Must also say, we are not UK resident, and only want to top up.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lock email up and take the minuscule risk
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy