Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Slim' Ski goggles

Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for a pair of Ski goggles that don't cover up half of my face/forehead, a smaller pair! I can't keep using sunglasses when it's snowing so I'll need an upgrade.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NewSki, Since everyone is different, you are probably going to have to try before you buy. The majority of goggles are designed to fit seamlessly with goggles, so won’t offer the gap you are after.

This goggle guide from EVO gives good advice and suggest goggles which fit different face sizes:

https://www.evo.com/guides/how-to-buy-ski-snowboard-goggles-lens-size-fit#Goggle%20Frames
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
More like hybrid snow glasses with removable face foam.

https://www.adidassporteyewear.com/en/tycane-pro-outdoor-umber-mattblack-s

Or Oakley wind jacket 2.0 but these don’t have any face foam.

https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product/WGOO7072?variant=888392336668
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If your problem is simply small face then buy a women/small specific model rather than unisex e.g. Dragon DXS. If you are actually looking for gaper gap between helmet and goggles I'm not sure anyone can help.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Toofy Grin Very Happy
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
If your problem is simply small face then buy a women/small specific model rather than unisex e.g. Dragon DXS. If you are actually looking for gaper gap between helmet and goggles I'm not sure anyone can help.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It seems that goggles have got bigger and bigger over the last few years; not good for those of us with small faces.
Try children's or teenagers' ones maybe (I buy them from Decathlon)? I find even female specific ones are too big often.
I have some Smith goggles, old-style lens within pretty slim frame (sorry, looked on Google for a make and piccy but can't find; they look like the current Drift model) and they're the best that I've found bar the Decathlon ones. I have some women's Oakley's, and they are huge on me.
Can you go to a shop with a wide range and try a few on?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Smith I/OS work for me, I’ve got a small face, they are a bit of a faff to change lenses, but do fit well.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have a similar problem and have found Alpina to be the only reliable brand viz my narrow bridge of nose and a small face. But I’m talking women’s spec here. Not sure if it carries over to their men’s goggles
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bollé Duchess are quite small fit. I've got two pairs, and hubby has stolen one of them as he also has a small face.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@NewSki, have you tried any goggles on recently? I have a very narrow face, really struggle with glasses (90%+ of adult styles are simply too big, I sometimes end up with youth frames) but find that the regular Smith I/O fits really well. They to cover a lot of my face but since I wear them with a helmet, that doesn't matter (and doesn't look odd); comfort and field of view are more important, IMO. So don't rule things out unless you've tried them on and they don't work for you.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Some Oakleys come in Youth and asian fits too now.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Screwfix do some bolle saftety specs in clear, yellow and dark which are great in the snow. The yellow one work particularly well in flat light. I often wear them as it keeps the wind out of my eyes better than sunglasses https://www.screwfix.com/p/bolle-tracker-smoke-lens-goggles/8515f
At a tenner a pair they aren’t a bad price either.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Head solar are great and cheap.Not bulky at all and as lacking a plastic frame will fit any face IMO.
I bought two discounted pairs las year and now don’t have to change lenses on my other hi tech goggles.

https://www.head.com/shop/en-GB/catalogsearch/result/?q=solar&change_region=1
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Head solar are great and cheap.Not bulky at all and as lacking a plastic frame will fit any face IMO.
I bought two discounted pairs las year and now don’t have to change lenses on my other hi tech goggles.

https://www.head.com/shop/en-GB/catalogsearch/result/?q=solar&change_region=1
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Asian fit Oakleys or Smith googles might do the trick.
ski holidays
Kooky's place stocks Atomic Revents which come in a really small frame for youth/small faces/women etc and are pretty highly thought of. Can be had discounted down to €79.
snow report
Thanks to all! I have looked at Females and Kids goggles and they seem smaller but my only concern is how tight they are going to be on my face?
ski holidays
NewSki wrote:
I have looked at Females and Kids goggles and they seem smaller but my only concern is how tight they are going to be on my face?

Try them on!
Unlikely to be an issue with adjustable straps, I would think.
I have 1 pair - which I otherwise like very much - where the bridge of the nose is very tight and pinches after a while. I got a bit of stick-on foam off E Bay and solved the problem.
latest report
Moncler Black Ovals.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy