Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Amplid Multiplayer binding position

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First post (though long time lurker) so please be gentle with me.

I've recently bought a pair of Amplid Multiplayer skis (16/17 version) from Sport Pursuit and got a pair of Look Pivot 14 from S&R. I took the skis into S&R so they could mount the bindings and I've just picked them up. They've been mounted right on the centre line (the centre line on the boot aligns with the centre line on the skis). I've had a look on the Amplid website since ([url=]https://www.amplid.com/ski/661/multiplayer[/url]) and the minimum recommended position is 10mm back from the centre line (30mm for all mountain, 50mm max). In fairness, I never specified to the shop how far back I wanted them mounted (combination of being in a rush when dropping off and not knowing too much about this stuff). The ski is meant to mostly serve as a powder ski, I won't be doing too much switch or park.

My question is - would remounting them further back (e.g. 30mm) be possible without damaging the skis? Is it worth it? From my research on the forum sounds like centre mounting would be far too park-oriented and would sacrifice performance in deeper snow. Not a huge fan of having plugged holes showing in brand new skis but I can lump it if necessary.

Thanks Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For a powder/soft snow use on that ski I'dd want to be at -70/80mm'ish at least. They'll be awful mounted at centre.

The problem you have is that the Pivot heel mounting pattern is pretty short so you're going to have to go back sufficient distance that the new front heel holes will be at least 10mm behind the existing rear heel holes - which is not a problem at the heel bit it'll then likely cause clashing issues at the toe. And the Pivot heel has almost no length adjustment so there's no jiggle room to offset the heel and then bring it back on its base.

The moral of the story is do your homework in advance, especially as Amplid are shockingly vague as to mounting locations (saying anything from centre to -100mm is pretty useless) which is not helped by the fact that IIRC that ski has only the true centre line marker. If the ski has more than one mounting line shown then S&R should have clarified the position before drilling but if it does only have the centre line marked then it I can understand them just using that.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, really helpful.

As you say, only the centre line is marked on the skis (though it does say something like "suggested position - all mountain=20mm back; free ski=40mm" below the line). Completely agree that I should've done my homework in advance - that'll teach me to be lazy! Embarassed

I'm going to try to get to a shop at some point this week to see if they can remount them for me and go from there. Thanks again.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy