Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WARNING Review of Sungod goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Dear All
WARNING - please be aware that this company does not accept returns, will not give you an exchange or refund!!!! I ordered some goggles (not custom made - just selected from the website_) and my son did not like them. They refused to accept a return and refund. This is unacceptable and not good business. I will record my dissatisfaction on social media. Angry snowhead!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also illegal under the distance selling regulations. If they are a legit outfit then you should remind them of that and threaten with trading standards, etc. If they are a cowboy outfit...well, good luck...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well it's in their T&C's that they don't accept returns: "Due to the custom nature of our products and each product being made-to-order from individual customer designs, we do not accept returns or exchanges. You can find out more information about our Returns Policy in our Terms & Conditions."
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah, but if you're selling in Europe then whatever small print they have makes no difference.

I'd get your debit/ credit card company to reject the charge. Then the supplier can come and collect their tat if they want.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The bit from the Ts&Cs quoted by spyderjon is consistent with the distance selling regs. The issue seems to be that they are trying to rely on this for something which is not a custom product
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have a read of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. Unless you chose custom units then the company must refund you for products returned in a saleable condition.

A 'clawback' from your credit card company is the easiest way.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They are attempting to get around the regs by saying that the product is custom made as you select different options on their website, I had a similar argument with a well known furniture retailer recently. I got my money back in the end, but if these guys won't do a refund then I agree, dispute the charge with your bank.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
THis would appear to be relevant https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/i-want-to-return-something-bought-online

Obviously they say that they're tailor made items, which in effect they are (even though it's just bringing together a handful of components from a small selection). It's a pretty sh**ty clause, but I can fully understand why they've got it there and why they're not keen to bend.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My experience with their customer service was stellar. They replaced a set of sunglasses lenses that I sat on and snapped for free and also a set of lenses that had started corroding around the edges.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
They are not someone I would tend to use, simply because they are not upfront with their contact details.

But the custom/tailor-made get-out is supposed to be for items that they have no chance of reselling. How "customised" are these? If they are just different components slotted together, that can be easily separated again and reused for future customers, then you should be able to get a refund; perhaps complain to trading standards? If the personalised branding is somehow permanent, so they can't be resold unless someone else happens to choose exactly the same combination, then their terms are not unreasonable.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Oakley website says something similar about not being able to return customised products eg sunglasses. But at least there are 5 different things to pick with their sunglasses - lens type, lens colour, frame, icons, ear socks.

For sungod goggles it looks like it’s just 3 things - lens, frame, strap. I presume you can take the lens and frame apart easily. Perhaps the strap is stiched in?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In SunGod's defence I've found them really good to deal with, my wife recently broke the arm on her Pacebreakers by dropping them out of the car and standing on them somehow. They replaced the arm free of charge and were really easy to deal with. I sent the whole pair back and they repaired and returned within 2 weeks.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My experience with Sungod's customer service echo's @BobinCH and @RobH2017, whilst the array of customization options is not extensive, they are customized none the less. I don't find their T&C's disingenuous at all.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Linzijane18 wrote:
Dear All
WARNING - please be aware that this company does not accept returns, will not give you an exchange or refund!!!! I ordered some goggles (not custom made - just selected from the website_) and my son did not like them. They refused to accept a return and refund. This is unacceptable and not good business. I will record my dissatisfaction on social media. Angry snowhead!!!

What did he not like, the colour or fit?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm not a Sungod customer and probably won't be based on those T&Cs. Trying to suggest that an off the shelf, 3 component item is 'custom' is slippery at best.

I and most of my family use POC products, I've always found their aftersales service to be faultless.
snow conditions
@Mollerski, slippery, but stated clearly on their website and there are numerous references to being 'custom'.
snow report
So are Oakley goggles,when purchased via their website, also a customised & hence non returnable product?!
snow report
horgand wrote:
So are Oakley goggles,when purchased via their website, also a customised & hence non returnable product?!

No they aren't. Moral of the story: just give money to fussy kids so they can spend it on what they like.
snow conditions
There is no contact details on their website in regard to an address/registered office, etc.
That is illegal under EU law. They use the term shipping. TBH I wouldnt purchase from anyone that dont display this basic information.

Also if your order was over £100, then I would contact credit card issuer for Section 75. There is a good likely hood the company would put their ability to process credit cards at risk.

Picking a glass to fit into selected frame with a choice of colour headband is not custom IMO. Its a Modular system.
Its not like they measure your head for size & specially craft/adapt them.
ski holidays
@Mr.Egg, strictly speaking the address is there, it's just tucked away in a privacy policy https://www.sungod.co/privacy
The T&Cs also state company number and VAT number.

My general attitude is if you don't like the website of a company then don't buy from them. They state 'custom' all over the place so I think it's clear from their side that it's viewed as a custom product (so even if you disagree with their definition, they've made it fairly obvious). And if you're buying for someone else, or may want to return, then I think you should check that the company accepts returns.
latest report
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
My general attitude is if you don't like the website of a company then don't buy from them. They state 'custom' all over the place so I think it's clear from their side that it's viewed as a custom product (so even if you disagree with their definition, they've made it fairly obvious). ...

I'm not sure how that's relevant, but it's easy to make a web site look any way you like.

The good news is that a charge-back gives the problem back to the unscrupulous distance seller. If they want to come and stand before your local beak to try to argue their case, they're free to do so, but they'd be wasting their money.
snow report
@philwig, because

Mr.Egg wrote:
TBH I wouldnt purchase from anyone that dont display this basic information.

I'm not saying that what Sungod do is particularly nice, but they state their position on the website.
ski holidays
I wouldn't have described their goggles as custom, as they sell the three components individually, and describe it as a "completely modular system" on the website. Custom to any normal person means that the item has been customized (eg. laser engraving your name on an Oakley lens) and so then cannot be re-sold.

I've been happy with the pair I got at the beginning of this season but if i hadn't been then I would definitely be taking this up and looking for a refund under distance selling regs or as said above you can dispute the transaction if you aren't getting anywhere dealing with them directly.

All the above is my opinion so here's some reading if you just want the facts Very Happy
1. https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses
2. https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds
snow conditions
@SnoodlesMcFlude,

I dont care what their website states.
Its not custom, its modular.
Just because they state something on their website, does not mean they get to make up their own rules & laws.
ski holidays
By stark contrast can I say how good RockSpex are. https://www.sportsprescriptionglasses.co.uk/

This company makes prescription goggles ( well actually prescription mounted lenses that sit in a plastic insert inside the goggles).
I ordered some 2 weeks back as I am a speccy twit and got fed up of my glasses misting up ( I have a visor helmet, but the poor airflow coupled with the proximity of my glasses to my face means that these mist up when I get hot).
I got DD Mutant 2 goggles with changeable lenses, and the prescription insert.
Have to say that on Saturday ( very bright ) and Sunday ( Overcast / flat ) the goggles performed well, they did not mist up as the insert keeps the lenses away from the face, they have good airflow, and I could see brilliantly ... apart from one issue.

I think they are best for skiing, where you look pretty much straight ahead, as the field of vision covered by the prescription part is quite narrow.
But as I normally board, and can't turn my head like an owl, when riding straight, or on heel side I am looking out at an angle of maybe 30-45 degrees, and this means that objects coming from boarders blind side appear, then disappear into a blind spot, then appear small, then very BIG.
It is pretty disconcerting, and was pretty hard to appreciate how close I was to things such as rocks and other slope users. Naturally I took everything very slowly, and ended up twisting my upper body to compensate for the weird field of vision, so I could look straight. This is not ideal as I try to ride with a neutral position parallel to the board.
I contacted the company, and they were super helpful.

They offered to make me up a new pair of inserts, which have a larger field of view, and ship them to me here in France for free.
They said to try out both sets, and then call them with feedback to see how the larger inserts helped with this.
This is very much a custom product, and their customer service is excellent.

Its a pity those SunGod people don't take a leaf out of their book,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy