Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would one day of snowfall be enough?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at the forecast for The Lecht, seems a good chance of heavy snow on Saturday. So, just how much snow would they realistically need to open the runs - sorry if it's a daft question but I'm a beginner with this white stuff business.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The other question you should be asking is whether the roads will be open.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
5 days is a long time in winter forecasting, if there is enough snow to cover green pistes then there may be too much snow and a high risk of avalanche. I don't know the terrain up there, its the gullies, dykes etc that need to be filled in before you can safely declare a piste open. If its smooth short grass, the answer may be maybe. Not adaft question but one that is almost impossible to answer!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The forecasts I'm looking at don't seem to suggest heavy snowfall to me. Even if your source proves to be correct, it would need to be a heavy fall and that would likely cause problems with the access road, which is steep and remote. And I'd still be surprised if they managed to open more than a few short runs.

So in summary... probably not.

Just checking that you are taking about The Lecht (Scotland) and not Lech (Austria).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Lecht generally needs less snow than the other Scottish stations mind you. The pistes are mostly heather, which is almost skiable without snow. Nature's own dryslope.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Having seen 18" of snow overnight then anything can happen
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lecht is not rocky and only needs 10-20cm to open.

They now also have artificial snow.

Best to leave a decision until Fri afternoon.

Watch this site.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy