Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black Crows ORB vs OVA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everybody,
I wanted to ask for opinion on those two models and I should give a bit of a backstory to my abilities before i do so Smile
Have not skied in a while due injuries, but this year I am planning to get back on it. I am beginner skier , have couple of winters behind me but all with carving skis and it has been probably good 5- 6 years since I was last skiing.
I am 90kg, 174cm.

I need to spend some time getting back to skiing first so it will be all trails, but I would love to get outside of the trails and try freeride.

Some time ago I purchased the Black Crows Orb model but for some reason I have picked 179 cm and those seem to be a bit taller than me and they do feel stable but somehow it feels not so easy to ride them ( hard to explain why) Here are the specs
Black Crows Orb (2011 model)
179 cm
tip 123
waist 90
tail 114
radius 21

I have found now a the Black Crows Ova (2017) for a good price ( 200 euros) specs:
170 cm
tip 120
waist 85
tail 108
radius 17

So my question is , should I get the Ova model since I need to spend more time on trails first and only after I feel comfortable on trails to try to move outside of trails. Those are also shorter with 9 cm than what I have, or should I try to just keep going with what I have currently and make it work.
I am leaving in few days and I dont have huge budget for more expensive skis or time to be super picky.
Will be in Austria all winter and should be riding every day. Smile
Thanks guys
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Disanski wrote:
.......So my question is , should I get the Ova model.....

Yes, because of this:
Disanski wrote:
....Will be in Austria all winter and should be riding every day.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy