Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica Promachine 130 GW for 'all mountain'?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've had a long history of Noridca boots from the old 981s, GP90 to a pair of Doberman 130 that have been excellent.

A couple of years ago I was in the market for a new boot and wanted something stiff, low volume but comfy and walkable for everything from standing on the nursery slope to steep and narrow tech, in bounds off piste with the odd short 10-20 minute hikes, high speed piste - a true all mountain boot short of touring.
I couldn't really find something to fit the bill and ended up with the Salomon XMax 130 as I wanted a 98mm last and narrow fit and these were the best I tried across a few shops. They have never been quite right despite a few visits to a good fitter and to be honest I miss my doberman. Plus the bright yellow was not my thing!

I'm a long weekend/week family holiday skier these days (background of racing and teaching) so want a one boot one ski setup for daily duties (may rent some fat pow skis if we get >50cm, or try some gear to have a crack at touring)

I've just stumbled on the Promachines and unfortunately for my bank account, they look like exactly what I was after. Familiar brand, hopefully similar fit, sole and inner look brilliant. A lot more than I wanted to spend with footbeds added in to the mix....

I tend to head to Chamonix quite often so the walking sole looks great for town as well as rock scamlbing. Race chassis for performance but more versatile for harder terrain. Cork inner to cosset my bony ankles.

My skis are mounted with Warden MNC so I think they are good to go too?

Any feedback on the boots?
Next challenge is fitting and availability...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
great boot, (for the right boot) but the fit is pretty much a detuned race boot, 98mm last great foot hold and a nice shape in the toe box, often boots have a great fit mid foot back but then squeeze the toes, these are nicely round around the front end,. selling really well so far.

is that availability of the boot? or just availability of a fitter, we have (most) sizes still available and appointments from the 11th, but nothing before
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, that sounds great. I often have a bit of room made for the forefoot in the search of a balance between comfort and performance.

I tried on all sorts of walk to ride boots and never had the fit I was after so think this is more what I want.

I was planning on coming to see you if I can get down there, so will check the calendar and give you a call to discuss options on size and fitting
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy