Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria 1 Day Ski Ticket Price 2018/19

Poster: A snowHead
Kitzbühel is No 1 at €57 per Day.

https://www.tt.com/lebensart/freizeit/15015747/preis-fuer-tageskarten-steigt-erneut-skifahren-wird-immer-teurer
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arlbger looks like it offers 'most bang for the buck/Euro'
Has the largest area, with lowest cost per Km, and most Km per Euro.

Of course once you factor in the price of bier, it tilt the other way.....

So on a EU rant, is the same data available to France, Suisse, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Norway etc?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always find it quite interesting how people define the value for money of ski passes. for example I have always looked at the speed / comfort and "shiny factor" of the lift infrastructure as this is pretty much making up most of the ski area infrastructure experience.

for example Kitz may be the most expensive per day but when you think that most lifts are now 6/8 pack heated fast chairs with self dropping bars / bubbles and fancy recaro racing style seats and then you have the awesome 3S cable car I feel it represents a decent value for money balance. even though the Hannenkham could do with being replaced as its pretty old now.

also looking at mayrhofen / zillertal....brand new comfortable 3s for the Penkenbhan and heated fast chairs or combibhan on the hill...ok it has the odd older basic lift but it is a cheaper place to be.

if the resort is the most expensive for a lift ticket I expect the very best in lifts!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had a look at the day pass prices for Zermatt, just out of curiosity.
They range from 65E for low season Zermatt only, to 82E per day for Cervina/Zermatt high season. That is currently £71 ouch.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Bob, The Article mentions some Swiss Areas

In St. Moritz, Davos, Lenzerheide and Flims-Laax-Fallera between 61 and 74 Euro.

Bier is approx same price in the big Austrian Areas Kitzbühel, Ischgl, Saalbach etc..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter S wrote:
Had a look at the day pass prices for Zermatt, just out of curiosity.
They range from 65E for low season Zermatt only, to 82E per day for Cervina/Zermatt high season. That is currently £71 ouch.

Poundland prices compared to Vail and Aspen which I bet are comfortably over $200 per day at the window now.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's an interesting list. I don't know of anything similar for France but the Espace Diamant (about the same size as Kitzbuhel in terms of kms of pistes) is 41 euros for an adult day ticket. Cheaper, but the lifts aren't as whizzy and none is heated. wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A 3 Valleys day ticket is now €60. I must admit, it's starting to feel very expensive.

When I think of day tickets I automatically think €30 rolling eyes (Let's do the time warp again.... wink )
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
That's an interesting list. I don't know of anything similar for France

LMGTFY Wink

https://www.onthesnow.com/france/lift-tickets.html

https://www.onthesnow.co.uk/europe/skipass.html
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
An hour in a UK fridge = c. £30. Perspective.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
US

Vail is $129
Aspen $100+
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Major resorts in Norway

Prices in NOK (100NOK=£9.10/€10.40)

Geilo Day:470 Week:2090 Season:5350
Trysil D:460 W:2220 S:6695
Hemsedal D:460 W:2095 S:6695
Kvitfjell D:455 W:2115 S:5625
Hafjell D:455 W:2190 S:5625
Norefjell D:445 W:1900 S:5355
Oslo Vinterpark D:430 W:N/A S:2900

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 14-11-18 22:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stanton wrote:
US

Vail is $129
Aspen $100+

Err, Vail was $189 a day when we were there in February.... Shocked Shocked

No doubt it will be $200 this season rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Current walk up window rate for vail during the holidays is $215

Discounts are easily available... Book online 7 days in advance and it becomes the bargain price of $175..... That's an eye watering £135 for a single day pass
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
enduroaid wrote:

Discounts are easily available... Book online 7 days in advance and it becomes the bargain price of $175..... That's an eye watering £135 for a single day pass

Why so expensive? Is there a good reason? Puzzled
snow conditions
luigi wrote:
enduroaid wrote:

There are a number of reasons why lift tickets are more expensive in North America, they provide so much more than just getting to the top.

But Vail day rate isn't value for money and is never intended to be - they really don't want or need day ticket skiers, as its not their business model.

Best value lift ticket on last years USA road trip $22 - gave us the best powder days too, slow lifts though and mostly fixed doubles or triples. Most expensive was $58.
ski holidays
luigi,

Because it's Vail resorts - and they can do it and folk will pay it... Shocked

They are taking over the world and buying every resort they can; and trying to force everyone to buy a season pass.

Ironically, the local Epic season pass (for Vail, Breckenridge, Beaver Creek, A-Basin and Keystone) is a real bargain at about $700! wink In contrast, our 3 Valleys season passes are €1300... (Still decent value - particularly as the 3Vs passes give us 6 free days in Vail resorts, which we are making use of in February Very Happy).
latest report
queenie pretty please wrote:
An hour in a UK fridge = c. £30. Perspective.
Heated seats? And is the terrain varied enough to keep me happy for a week?
latest report
@enduroaid, I agree. The fast lifts, covers and heated seats in Kitz are the benchmark for any other resorts I visit. As a result last year in Morzine I was surprised at the number of slow 4 man which are a right pain in the bum. Any particular other big name resorts which are let down by slow old lifts.
snow conditions
luigi wrote:
enduroaid wrote:

The dumb Yankees need 10 tickets checkers & 3 peeople to get you on the lift ..

Its a load of BS

This proves myvpointvthe Yankess are stupid
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy