Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SOLE Boot Lab "Fly Free"

Poster: A snowHead
An interesting innovation from the folks at SOLE, fractional ski ownership.

https://www.solesportslabs.com/fly-free-payments?fbclid=IwAR0Ouc9WqlF7S6obhw7vsG-AOuNlVfBn6dxNhydpXnIPnAwPCYLJCeS122I
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yebbut besides some shonky maths in the middle option it's a bit limited - surely those regularly in Cham stash their own gear somewhere and otherwise it is looking like a pretty pricey rental although point taken on high end , flexibility, tech bindings etc. To be really of value needs to part of a network across Yurp etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
27euro a day for the weekender pass assuming you do it for all 40 possible days. I guess the unlimited option gives you a season rental for 900 euro.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
galpinos wrote:
27euro a day for the weekender pass assuming you do it for all 40 possible days. I guess the unlimited option gives you a season rental for 900 euro.

Ah I'm not doing the maths like that I'm saying 600/40 = 15 per day - if it's 12 per day on top rather than a miscalculation of the rate per day then that's astonishingly poor value i.e. you have definitely paid retail for a pair of skis, bindings and skins after 40 days.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes, but isn't the point you have access to a fleet of skis so you won't have paid retail for them all?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, but isn't the point you have access to a fleet of skis so you won't have paid retail for them all?

Yes but the day to day reality is that you swiftly zone in on your go to skis for say 80+% of days. I'm not saying it doesn't work as a proposition for someone who wants to ski a lot of different things and is hard on skis (repairs included can be worth a lot in Chx if you're fond of taking goat lines). I just think it's a very niche market among those who don't already have their own kit they are happy with.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dave of the Marmottes, it is also a neat way for SOLE to maximise revs from an existing fleet ...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've kinda pitched at 4 markets;

Unlimited: We have a lot of remote working clients living in Cham'. They ski as often as like, when the conditions suit and would love a selection of "14" skis to choose from, are happy for us to keep them maintained and happy to swing by to be sure they have the right ski for the day/days coming.

Week/Ender: Second Home owners and people living in towns within our catchment area; Geneva, Annecy and those in-between. They probably ski most weekends, or 3-4 weeks a season and like choice and don't like clutter, owning this years new thing is a waste of money as things move fast, need maintaining and the purchased tool is rarely the tool for the job.

Flexible: Cheep membership allowing access to a fleet for the quickly improving seasonaire. Probably own a pair of all mountain/Piste/park skis but like to swap and change rather than to commit to the purchase of one of our set ups.

Open Fly Free: Just rent the kit, demo our range, test the shift, ski and fly free.

Roughly put, we all own so many skis here, ourselves, we've sold them off and use our demo skis, we wanted to mout them all with shift for flexibility and real ski feel. No more clutter. Then we started thinking how can we offer this to our clients. Let them play around, have flexibility and ski real skis, with real bindings with no compromise.

So here we are, no doubt there will be improvements, adding more skis, more locations and maybe bikes, all at no extra cost. It will take time to master and fine tune. But take up is good, a broad spread and we will learn a lot this winter, most probably how costly it could be.

Thanks for the feedback peoples. Fly Free. SOLEsisters and brothers. xx
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
average ski price of your fleet, skis, bindings, plies skis and crampons is 1400 euros. at the moment the range represents the most flexible all conditions, all practices skis sold in chx. we'll add powder, piste and park over the season.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@CH2O, I wasn't criticising by the way, I think it's a stonking idea. If I didn't prefer a single ski quiver, I'd probably sign up.

But as it is, I have my 203 SGs for powder and piste, so I'm sorted. Maybe I should put some shifts on them for touring?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@CH2O, Just fix your maths in your weekender option. It looks like you are pulling a fast one unless you really are expecting people to pay 27 Euro a day. At 15 per day it seems a decent offer though obviously you make on all the people that get hurt and don't use their contract or don't ski as much as they hoped.

As you say time will tell and I hope you can make the model work. Presumably you've already sounded out a few people ready to drop 1800 with you. Maybe you're right on people living in small appartments in Geneva etc for whom space is valuable. I get your maths on the price of your fleet but most people can also grasp the difference between retail and wholesale (unless of course they are competing on the Apprentice)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Dave of the Marmottes, I see, thanks for the typo. No idea where you got the idea to add the two together though. Will change the daily value to 15.
Nah we don't hope anyone gets injured nor doesn't use the subscription, how and if it makes money will have to remain a mystery I guess, didn't you pass the Apprentice Auditions?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a new name, No worries man, the initiative was made in some respects for people just like you, in so much as skis days, less so in ski choice!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@CH2O, nice one fella, like your thinking
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@CH2O, we are relocating up to Cham from Geneva permanently in Feb ... perhaps we'll actually get a beer in for once! Happy
snow conditions
@CH2O, I like it. If you open an Argentiere location (or at least offer a pickup/dropoff deal with one of the shops by the GM) I might be up for it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy