Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre - high risk of avalanche

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Montgenevre has gone from 72% open slopes to down to 44% today. It is showing as a "very high risk of avalanche". I know nothing about these things so wanted to ask how normal this is and how long is it likely to be this way? There was a big dump forecast for the weekend but that's now disappeared.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In terms of risk to people on piste, it will settle down pretty quickly once the snow stops. Due to the work of the pisteurs, avalanche blasting etc

Off piste it depends on a lot of variables. Best to look at the local avalanche bulletin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nearby Serre Chevalier is in the middle of a snow dump. My apartment garden was bare yesterday, and the snow is now approaching the top of the fence. Webcams in Monty here http://www.montgenevre.com/en/hiver/webcams.html m suggests it is snowing there too. They are probably closed due to either wind, or until made safe by pisteurs. It doesn't usually take long for them to get everything back up and running, and for avalanche risk to start to fall again.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's been snowing solidly for 24 hours here in Monty, so avi risk today is 5- both Chalvet and Gondrans bowls are closed, so only the lower lifts/runs are in use today.

No piste bashing is taking place today, but they'll get back to it early tomorrow. I suspect that there will be more runs open next week than there were this week- e.g. only one blue run in Chalvet, Pharo, was open this week.

PS There was a guy trying to clear the snow off the ice rink earlier, but he gave up due to the drifting snow. Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Brilliant - thanks for your answers. Glad to hear its all quite transitional then. Hells that sounds pretty impressive on the snow front - makes the rapidly receeding approx. 1" amount here in Gloucestershire look a bit weak!! Those webcam images look a bit grim but I'm sure it will cheer up soon Very Happy . Ref the snow rink guy, you have to feel for the people out in all weathers keeping things up together for us punters - sometimes though a man's got to know his limitations.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy