Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites Weather/Snow Report (& useful links) 2018/19

Poster: A snowHead
Following the first use of 'Snow Cannon' for the upcoming season I thought is was time for a new thread... Smile

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very Happy Where is that?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry -- should have titled it

Image taken from the Seceda panocam

https://www.valgardena.it/en/webcams/seceda-panocam/

I suspect they are expecting the same cold snap we will be experiencing this weekend... snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I guess it's now just 6 weeks to opening. Hard to believe it's so soon given how nice and sunny and clear it is at the moment.

It's a shame it's looking too warm for much of the heavy rain coming over the next few days to fall as snow but then it is still only October.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just 5 weeks till Kronplatz is scheduled to open.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/articles/kronplatz-the-best-italian-ski-resort-youve-never-heard-of/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
olderscot wrote:
I guess it's now just 6 weeks to opening. Hard to believe it's so soon given how nice and sunny and clear it is at the moment.

It's a shame it's looking too warm for much of the heavy rain coming over the next few days to fall as snow but then it is still only October.

Yep a real shame, would have been perfect if it would have been in a few weeks time, then maybe it would have been colder for it fall as snow at least at 2000M +

Least the reservoirs should be refilled for snowmaking this seasons Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just waiting to run down to Ortisei from her. Pitstop at the icefall. snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hyst wrote:
Just waiting to run down to Ortisei from her. Pitstop at the icefall. snowHead

And a stop at Café Val D'Anna for Strudel Wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We check in to Arabba on January 5. I have my expectations pegged very low. Hoping to be skiing on man made ribbons through green fields as a bare minimum - so cold temps is all that requires. Natural snowfall to transform the area to a winter landscape would be a very welcome bonus.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Based on the last 5 years you are quite likely to have access to the largest number of open runs and lifts anywhere in the Alps at that time of year. Cool
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sbooker wrote:
We check in to Arabba on January 5. I have my expectations pegged very low.

I check in three weeks earlier and I am confident the skiing will be great Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sbooker wrote:
We check in to Arabba on January 5.

http://youtube.com/v/0Kqp9r0Xwt8

January 5th this year and conditions were amazing. There was enough snow to ski off-piste from Sass Pordoi.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well we had a few flakes of snow here in sunny Sheffield this morning so it can put down loads over the mountains overnight ..I am not worrying
.Campitello and Madonna from January the 12th
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What a difference a weekend makes !

Either their snow cannons are very good or it has snowed snowHead

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yes the freezing level must have dropped this morning. Webcams show snow above Colfosco and at Piz Arlara in Alta badia.
ski holidays
We are in selva 22/12, 6th Xmas trip, and have no worries about being able to ski most of the areas (just hope Maseri (sp)lift is open)
ski holidays
In concert with the snow seen above on the Dolomite peaks, storms and torrential rain caused major damage & disruption in N & C Italy. Venice saw its worst flooding in a decade.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46029302
ski holidays
More rain lower down & snow in the high alpine today across the Italian Alps & Po plain, not as heavy as earlier in the week, but 3-4 inches of rain locally in some places sounds like a lot to me.

Rain/snow limit is high though hovering between 2000-2600m in the Dolomites, accompanied by Scirocco winds.

It's not going to be a base for all but the highest ski runs, but should serve to fill those snowmaking reservoirs after the dry summer and autumn.
latest report
luigi wrote:
More rain lower down & snow in the high alpine today across the Italian Alps & Po plain, not as heavy as earlier in the week, but 3-4 inches of rain locally in some places sounds like a lot to me.

Rain/snow limit is high though hovering between 2000-2600m in the Dolomites, accompanied by Scirocco winds.

It's not going to be a base for all but the highest ski runs, but should serve to fill those snowmaking reservoirs after the dry summer and autumn.

Was suprised to still see most of the upper Alta Badia plataue between Corvara, San Cassiano and La Villa, still covered in snow. Thought by now it would have melted but then again the suns losing its strength this time of year
snow report
jimmybog wrote:
luigi wrote:

Was suprised to still see most of the upper Alta Badia plataue between Corvara, San Cassiano and La Villa, still covered in snow. Thought by now it would have melted but then again the suns losing its strength this time of year

I suppose the webcams are situated on the peaks just over 2000m, so would have got some snow and rain.

It depends how the rest of Nov plays out as to whether it sticks around.

Looking milder over the weekend, but more snow at altitude in the forecast early next week.

https://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/wetter/berg/

Keep an eye on the cams here: https://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/webcams/
ski holidays
https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/service/press/releases

Link to the press release in September which descibes the various projects this summer eg. Replacement of Roby chair alta badia and improvements to snowmaking etc.

I have to say 30th november opening is looking challenging at the moment. We'll need that final week in Novemer to be cool. Cool
snow report
"...challenging …." to say the least...…!
ski holidays

Last 9 days are showing a cool down and are dry. Would be good for snow making so might just scrape a start by the 30th ?
latest report
Congrats on the first 'squiggly' line chart of the season...!
ski holidays
temps are dropping ..! (centered near arabba)

snow conditions
That looks encouraging. Should permit snow making at Kronplatz as early now as Saturday. Some light snowfall possible next week but hopefully not enough to interupt the rather more important business of snow making. Laughing
ski holidays
https://www.bergfex.com/groeden-wolkenstein/webcams/c7768/
It’s started. Cool Kronplatz have 12 days to get operational. Next week is now looking a little warmer and there may be some snow around. Perhaps not ideal if that’s rain on the lower slopes but I wouldn’t bet against them having plenty of skiing available by opening day. snowHead
latest report
@Peter S, "its started.." indeed - cannons working on Seceda and Ciampinoi this morning Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes I was going to post about the snow cannons in Alta Badia. Saw it on Instagram.
ski holidays
Some snow laid down on Dantercepies area in Selva, according to cams. It also looked like Plan Gralba area was getting some, too.

edit: cooler weather should hold for next week, hopefully enough to cover the important stuff.
latest report
It looks to me as if GFS is now showing some support for snowfall on Tuesday 20th. Anyone else seeing this?
snow report
Italians are now blasting everything with manmade above ~2000m.
latest report
olderscot wrote:
It looks to me as if GFS is now showing some support for snowfall on Tuesday 20th. Anyone else seeing this?

Yes -- seen a 95% prediction
latest report
Snow-forecast.com indicating about 30cm of snow at altitude in the Dolomites in the next two or three days... Very Happy
snow conditions
The webcams are showing a dusting already and according to Snow Forecast it looks like there might be 20cm or so by tomorrow morning.

I know it's too early for it to mean much come ski time but it's still nice to see.
latest report
Mind you. 16th November last year was when the filmed their 'opening' video after the nice dump of early snow they had .
snow report
Just checked the Arabba live webcam - resort covered (lightly..) in fresh snow

They had the cannons running at 10 AM...

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 19-11-18 18:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Yep, been snowing lightly on the webcams all day but taking a long time to get any cover, even higher up. SHould be some light snowfall overnight and then more possibly at the weekend
snow conditions
It looks like there was some useful snowfall overnight. Here's Colfosco just now.
latest report
Here is the snow report for the dolomite areas. Don't think the Arraba one is correct though - 110cm ??? Puzzled Puzzled

https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/live-info/weather-snow
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy