Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have bindings fitted online or not?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m thinking of buying new skis online from glisshop.co.uk as they are much cheaper than elsewhere but I’m undecided whether to have them fit bindings for me or whether I’d be better to go to a local shop & get bindings fitted there. Anyone have any advice? I’ve realised I know even less about buying bindings than about buying skis (eeek!) so any advice greatfully received.
I’m thinking of buying Salomon QST Lumen 99 skis as I hired some last season & enjoyed using them. I’ll probably use them more on piste but also some off piste.
Thanks for any advice
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FWIW. If you are going to spend, say around 75%, On Piste, I personally would want a more piste orientated ski...possibly 84-88 under foot.

I have had bindings fitted online, including by Glisshop, without issue.

I also know that S&R would only fit the bindings, if I sent them one of my Ski Boots.

If you are worried, you could get them checked after you receive them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've had several sets of bindings fitted by online retailers - xspo.de, Ekosport etc. Never had a problem.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've had 3 pairs from Glisshop mounted correctly, and 1 pair from Sport Conrad mounted at the wrong position. Looked like human error, the documentation had the right length but the mount was definitely wrong.
On balance, I'd get either retailer to mount them if I bought more skis - you will lose quite a lot of your saving by paying another shop to mount them and more often than not it's fine.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For binding, have a look at the Salomon Warden 13. It is a multinorm binding. Dont get the warden 11 - all plastic!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've also had bindings fitted online with no issues. All they SHOULD need is your boot sole length, which is moulded in to the outside of the shell of most boots.

I've nothing against Gillshop but you might want to take a look at Sport Conrad though - they have Salomon QST 99+Marker Griffon 13 ID bindings for €448 (~£400), vs £436 for the same bundle from Glisshop. Ordered skis and bindings from SC a couple of month's back - no issues and arrived very well packed in 2 or 3 days later.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have used Glisshop too (for a ski and binding package) and have been very happy - as mentioned earlier, you need to supply your boot length and boot size when ordering.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mine came from Glisshop, I adjusted for toe height and forward pressure, but mounting was spot on. Had to make a bit more of an adjustment when I got some boots that were the proper size.....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the advice - skis with bindings now ordered
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy