Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kronplatz v's Cortina v's Madonna March 2024

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I can't make the Gnarli due to wok commitments and I'm thinking about a trip on 9th March for myself as a solo. Looking at options, I'm getting some reasonable deals on Kronplatz, Cortina and Madonna di Campiglio. I've skied in Madonna quite a few times but always a February half term, never skied Kronplatz and only pitched into Cortina on PreBB's so only done a small part of it.

Given this years snow what does the collective think about these options. I'm a first lift to last lift, mainly on piste type of skier. Apres ski isn't a big thing for me.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used to ski Cortina regularly in mid-March but haven't for several years. I've also skied Madonna in half-term week.

Unless things have changed markedly, Cortina's slopes were blissfully empty - especially early mornings when the snow was at it's best. (In contrast, Madonna was the expected half-term mayhem but necessary with kids in the party).

Cortina's skiing is fragmented, with a big altitude variation and a range of high/shaded runs, intermingled with some sunny, slush-prone stuff. Despite ski buses and the new Cinque Torre gondola, a rental car can still be an asset to facilitate moving between areas to get the best conditions.

With its integrated infrastructure, I find Kronplatz's skiing much more homogenous, with a quite Austrian feel.

Despite its foibles, I find Cortina the most special.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Skeet, thanks for this Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy