Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slopes!!Km France

Poster: A snowHead
Hi , noob here. which French Ski resorts has the most and longest blue runs and ?. Tignes?. ( i was in Les arcs Les2alpss.)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
3Vs or PdS will arm wrestle for it.

Both have by far the most Kms of piste 650(ish).

Of that at a guess probably 15/20% would be blues.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If it really is kilometres that are the overriding priority, I would look at:

3 Vallées
Paradiski
Portes du Soleil

Espace Diamant
Grand Massif
Megeve / St Gervais

P.S. Portes du Soleil may claim to be the same size as the 3 Valleys, but in reality it's a much smaller area (even more so when you don't include the outlying areas which aren't linked by lift).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I love data so did a quick search of some of the larger French resorts. There are arguments about the total km of each area but this is what I have just found for what it is worth. Difficult to estimate the longest blue overall. I have skied all of these many times but I go for red/black runs. The 3 valleys is the largest linked area. Many of the others involve travel by bus or car to reach all areas. Remember that if you only want to ski blue runs you may have difficulty getting round a large area as some links may involve red runs. Have a good look at the piste maps which are all easily downloaded.

Three valleys 650km 337 runs 136 blue runs
Portes du Soleil 650 km 286 runs 122 blue runs
Evasion Mont Blanc (Megeve etc) 445 km of which 135km are blue
Paradiski 435km 256 runs 128 blue runs
Espace Killy 300km 158 runs 61 blue runs
Grand Massif 267 km 139 runs 59 blue
Espace Diamant 185 km 226 runs 136 blue
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you snowheads ! TIgnes it be !
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Pizaguyy, in which case go up the Grande Motte and take Genepy into Prariond, 4kms of easy blue.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What a pointless question. You would prob need to go on other runs to get to some blues, especially one that has multiple villages connected.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mr.Egg, What a pointless answer. The question wasn't 'how many blues can I ski without using a red or black'
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All of the above will have enough variety for a season let alone a week or two.
Other important metrics are vertical metres, snowfall and snow preservation.
Sounds like your suggestion of Tignes is a good one.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
denfinella wrote:
P.S. Portes du Soleil may claim to be the same size as the 3 Valleys.

I don't recall ever seeing this. The only claim I see regularly is "The world's largest international ski area". Which is true snowHead

Not that "international" really counts for very much I suppose, unless eating both fondue and rösti without taking your skis off is your thing.... wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@shep, perhaps they don't claim it directly, but they often claim the (incorrect) figure of 650km. The 3 Valleys claim 600 km, so it is therefore implied that the PdS is bigger. Some of the real (measured) figures are:

The linked part of the PdS is really "only" about 400km, or <450km including the areas like Roc d'Enfer which aren't linked by lift.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nobody has mentioned Les Sybelles. Over 300km and almost all are blue or red. Not a patch on the others really but if it's loads of blues you want. Much cheaper too.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes, both areas claim more than they've got (quelle surprise! Laughing ). Considering there's no skis-on link across Morzine, by your criteria the PdS is down to a measly 220km Shocked . Plenty of people seem to manage walking or taking a bus with their boots on though - some even say it adds to the charm! Puzzled Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Claude B, +1
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Claude B, although Les Sybelles is one of the biggest culprits for exaggeration. Their real figure is 162 km, not 310 km wink That's why I didn't mention it above.

Nevertheless, I would like to visit.
snow conditions
@denfinella, is it, ah. I went a couple of times at half term 2007 and 8. St Sorlin is a nice place too.
ski holidays
Also be aware that it may well be February before all the runs are open?
ski holidays
Sometimes the leap people make from a) to b) confuse me, take this topic as an example;

OP asked for resort with most and longest blue runs.
Implication being that’s what they need for it to be a good resort for them.
3 posters reply with not one mentioning Tignes as high on the list
OP returns to thank for advice as it confirms their opinion /choice of Tignes. Confused Confused Confused
ski holidays
@marcellus, +1, thought I had missed something elsewhere.

But to be fair, @mogulski did mention Espace Killy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy