Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Binding choices.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at an on-line purchase of some new skis. They're being offered with a choice of three different bindings.

Marker Squire 11
Salomon Warden 11
" " Warden MNC 13's.

Any recommendations or any to avoid? I ski mainly on piste and my DIN setting is 6.5.

I'm leaning towards the MNC 13's but part of the reasoning behind that choice may be the ease of selling the skis on if they have a Demo type binding.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think the Warden MCN is a demo type binding - it will still be mounted for your boot length. But MCM means Multi Norm Compatible meaning it will accept different types of boot sole ie alpine, touring, walk to ride etc. So I'd go with the MCNs
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Themasterpiece, Thanks for that. I hadn't looked into the spec's of the different bindings so I'm not sure why I thought they were Demo's rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@GeorgeVII, avoid the old model Squire 11's and the Warden 11's as they're alpine sole compliant only so will offer no future proofing for use with other sole types, ie GripWalk, WTR & AT etc.

I'd recommend the Marker Squire 11 ID, the Marker griffon 13 ID or the Salomon Warden 13 as they're all MNC so are future proofed. All three can also be bought as a demo version which gives the additional benefit of being able to adjust the fore/aft positioning on the ski and being able to slide off the upper toes'n'heels just leaving a thin base plate/rail on the ski for easier transportation.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spyderjon, Thanks Jon. I was hoping that you'd see this. Is there much of a weight penalty if I were to choose the Demo type fitment? I'm looking at some of the new lighter construction skis (eg Head Kore, Salomon XDR etc) and hoping to keep the weight reasonably low.

Thanks for the info.......... G.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
GeorgeVII wrote:
@spyderjon, Thanks Jon. I was hoping that you'd see this. Is there much of a weight penalty if I were to choose the Demo type fitment? I'm looking at some of the new lighter construction skis (eg Head Kore, Salomon XDR etc) and hoping to keep the weight reasonably low......

IIRC the Marker Squire/Griffon demo system only adds about 60/70g per ski over the standard version & I'd assume that the Sallie version would be similar.

NOTE: I've just realised that my above post is misleading. Whilst the Squire 11 ID & the Griffon ID are MNC compliant in their standard version their demo versions are only alpine & GripWalk compliant. This is because they can't use their height adjustable AFD with the demo rail under the toe binding.

Whereas the Warden 13 is MNC compliant in both its standard and demo versions. And the new Tyrolia Attack2 14 and Attack2 Demo bindings are both MNC compliant as well.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@spyderjon, Thanks Jon. That information is much appreciated.

Sounds like the Warden 13 demo is the way to go.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just reviving this thread. I believe them Warden 11 is now mnc so for someone with a din around 7 is there any advantage of the 13 over the 11. I think there is a 400g weight difference? Hoping @spyderjon, might pop up.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BertieG wrote:
Just reviving this thread. I believe them Warden 11 is now mnc so for someone with a din around 7 is there any advantage of the 13 over the 11. I think there is a 400g weight difference? Hoping @spyderjon, might pop up.

Yes, there's a Warden 11 MNC but be careful as there's still plenty of the non MNC Warden 11's on retailers shelves that are attractively cheap to the unwary.

The 11 is 228g per ski lighter than the 13. That weight difference is all in the heel as the heel on the 13 is noticeably burlier with a wider base and mounting pattern. So, din range aside, if you're big/aggressive/hucking/driving a wide ski then go with the 13.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@BertieG, if it’s the warden 11 MNC you’re after I’m looking to sell a barely used pair (bought from Jon in Nov 2019 and used very little since). Happy to send photos if useful. They'll be a great deal.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy