Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wolf Creek

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What a great trip we had to Wolf Creek over New Years.

We arrived at Pagosa Springs on the 28th after a long drive from Tucson AZ, on the way we hit a few snow storms at the higher elevation in Northern New Mexico that gave us a great feeling knowing we were going to be getting fresh snow. By the time we arrived the road into Pagosa was getting well dusted fuelling even more excitement for the next days boarding.

We were staying at the Springs Resort in Pagosa Springs, they are famous for their natural hot springs, a fresh soak and a couple of beers made the 12hr road trip seem like a distant memory.

We awoke on the 29th to a sunny day and headed up the mountain, there wasn't as much snow as we expected but there was still plenty of powder to be found off the sides and in the trees. I took the 30th off due to a back issue, i found a great place for a sports massage (https://www.facebook.com/Pagosaspringsmassagecenter), having looked the the weather forecast i knew this was a good decision!

The snow started falling on the evening of the 30th and didn't stop for 48hrs. Waking up on the 31st we knew we were in for a treat, there was a clear 12" sat on top of the car and negotiating the car park was fun, fortunately the snowplough team had worked their magic and the roads were clear apart from layer of icy snow.

[img]https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/49203608_10156947491566055_2084582060948717568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=d6ed7640d7c0f06267fd12c0cdd2c1ee&oe=5CD28D20[/img]

Wow, what a difference the snow made, apart from the masses of people on vacation the resort was epic, there was knee deep powder everywhere you went, my ageing Yes Basic was really struggling on the flatter spots (a few extra pounds doesn't help though!). We didn't venture over to Knife Ridge, there was no need.

The 1st was the same story, more snow, more fun! On the second the weather cleared and we had a bluebird day, gorgeous.

The resort is small with no accommodation, the food options are reasonable, but as a vegan a little limited, we coped though!

The only thing I miss is the long runs of the Alps and Wolf Creek has slower lifts than i'm used to. Lift passes from the hotel were only 65 bucks a day, we were paying 140 in Utah last year Confused

The conditions were fantastic and I would certainly recommend it on a road trip through Colorado. Everyone is super nice, especially in the dispensaries Laughing

If you want to know anything let me know!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AZ/NM were lucky this year. Apparently conditions are once in a decade...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
drewclarke, Thanks for that will be dropping in there on our road trip Feb/March Madeye-Smiley Re. UT tickets, where were you skiing and where were you buying them Shocked We've never had a problem with reasonable prices tbh.

Pasigal, Conditions are forecast to be good this season lower mid west, reason why were heading to NM, CO and UT forecast for El Nino was back in April and it seems to be delivering so far
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Park City, we got stitched up a bit as the group was going to Alta and we board.

Condtions were terrible last New Years too so was a hard lesson.

Telluride 3 Xmas ago was pretty good.

Looking forward to our 4th consecutive year in Val late feb. Been blessed there too!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy