Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Breakdown Cover for Seasonnaire’s Vehicle?

Poster: A snowHead
Any suggestions for breakdown cover for a 5 month stay in France?

European cover from AA etc. have limits in duration and only seem to want to get you home (up to their assessment of the market value of the vehicle - ominously!)

Anyone had experience of getting cover from a French equivalent to AA?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you're old enough to become a Saga customer their Euro breakdown cover is long and extensive.
Alternatively buy an old French car where you're heading and insure it there.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is no French equivalent of the AA Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.europ-assistance.fr/fr/automobile/mobilem-auto-moto?gclid=Cj0KCQjwuuHdBRCvARIsAELQRQF7-iaopRKwbo1kzSIEPt4nQjGSuGuQGRE4ZZOG5OJJTnLN0gsL3W0aAjy3EALw_wcB ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Wi11iam, how likely are you to breakdown?

That link is €6 a month. If you are unlikely to breakdown... self insure.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, I guess my point is that most (all?) UK sourced policies are aiming to repatriate you and your vehicle- fine if you're away for 2 weeks, not so good if it's for a season. French policies like the one above are commonly offered as "add ons" to your French car insurance policy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@gvj, hah too subtle for a Sat PM! Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Join the Caravan Club and get their cheap breakdown cover (up to a year I think).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How likely am I to break down?

Hopefully not. But then we’d all say that. FSH, will be MOTd before we go and the garage have been over it with a ‘find it, fix it’ brief. But it’s not a new car but equally there’s precious little to go wrong.

Will have a read of the link and look for a local set up there to save the number for.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
And then, if its a UK reg car, you get into the whole kerfuffle of needing to register and insure it in France.

30 days continuous I think is the limit for registration, and your UK insurance will limit you.

Even with Europe extension on mine with Aviva I am allowed up to 6 months i Europe, but no more than 90 days consecutive.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ChrisKernow, 6 months for registration, longer than most ski seasons...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:
@ChrisKernow, 6 months for registration, longer than most ski seasons...

Ah yes. The 30 day rule seems to apply to those becoming resident.

http://www.rivierareporter.com/motoring/124-using-a-foreign-car-in-france
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
LV insurance and breakdown is valid for 6 months both just add-ons on your UK cover, no faff just a drop down menu on line.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.stuartcollins.com/breakdown.php Have a look at these guys. We used them after we moved to Italy until we re-registered our car.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Try ADAC, you can use your UK address and then you're covered all over Europe.

https://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac-membership/ - look at ADAC Plus.
ski holidays
@slowboarder, I was recently told that ADAC are not taking on new UK customers.
snow report
Sorry wasn't aware of that for new members.
Shame as it's great value for money.
We just renew our membership so look to be okay ....... for the mo.
latest report
Try Stuart Collins to insure you car for more than 90 days continuous abroad. Most UK policies have a 90 day max. They also offer European Breakdown cover with DAS or AXA.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy