Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moutiers to Val Thorens transfers

Poster: A snowHead
OK, got up at 6.00am (I'm not sad honest) and managed to book Eurostar to Moutiers for Feb half term, have booked apartment in Val Thorens - how do I get from from the train to the apartment and back? (4 adults & teens with board bags and cases).

Usually we drive to the Alps, took the train last year but stayed in Arc1600 so used the funicular which was brilliant but sadly there isn't one up to Val Thorens... Am especially worried about the way home, we are booked on the day train which leaves Moutiers at 10.00am, I'm the sort of person who likes to be at the airport 3 hours early just in case so I need to be confident we'll get there in time or will panic all week about it..
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bensbus ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks as though they only go to and from the airport - to be honest rather fancied private transfers or at least someone that would pick us up from the apartment..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
vickitav, have you tried www.findtransfers.com ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Altibus regular scheduled buses are fine, and cheap. Very easy to find the coach at Moutiers. If your accommodation is far away from the main coach drop off in Val T you can pick up the navette from there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have a look at 3 Vallee Transfers as well http://www.3vt.co.uk/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Moutiers to Val T is not that far in a cab - might be worth that extra bit over the bus if you are worried about departure.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What I'm worried about is that a cab won't turn up on the Saturday morning then we are stuffed.... 3 Vallee transfers look great but their online booking just comes up as not available and I've had no response to my query sent a few days ago, but then I suppose it's still a long time to Feb yet.

Am a bit of a control freak can you tell....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I used Transdev Martin (altibus) to get from BSM to val d Isere, about e17 return, doesn't look like they have their winter timetable out yet tho.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all the advice, I will be looking into all your suggestions.

Anyway good news is I won't need to worry about getting to the train early enough on the Saturday morning since it turns out in the online scrum yesterday morning when the site kept going bonkers and making me re-enter my dates over and over again I managed to book the return a week later than I wanted!!!! Went to print the tickets out yesterday evening and found my mistake to my horror - had to wait until this morning for the phonelines to open and the day return train is completely sold out so thankfully they allowed me to transfer to the night train.

So now my question is what to do all day waiting for the night train - is there anywhere to store gear / shower / eat in Moutiers etc??
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
vickitav, why not just spend it skiing and get a bus down to Moutiers later in the day?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hells I think that's what we'll do (am normally knackered and glad to go home by the end of the week though). Will there be anywhere we can store our bags on the day do you think (staying in a Pierre et Vacances apartment)?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
vickitav, have stayed in P&V before in other places and there was luggage storage. Just have a chill out final day. Slopes will be quieter too.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Am currently just breathing a massive sigh of relief that I'm coming home that week at all........ the guy at Eurostar was brilliant, didn't charge me an amendment fee even though technically my tickets were non-refundable, of course the new tickets were quite a bit more money though. I barely slept last night I was in such a panic about it!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
vickitav, another snowHead who shall remain nameless booked a flight home from a bash for the wrong month, but didn't notice until he was trying to check in at the airport. If all else had failed, you would just have had to stay another week wink
ski holidays
Hells Bells wrote:
vickitav, another snowHead who shall remain nameless booked a flight home from a bash for the wrong month, but didn't notice until he was trying to check in at the airport. If all else had failed, you would just have had to stay another week wink

BiL did the same in Feb, Lufthansa's online system seems to default to the following month and he neglected to check or correct it.

Conversation over breakfast in the hotel...

Him -"Blooming online checkin isn't working what a crappy system'
Me - "strange, mine worked okay, you sure you actually booked the flight (in a jokey way)"

10 minutes later

Him "Booked the return flights for March and they have nothing for today"

Fortunately other members of the party were driving and had space. They left Obergurgl at 08:30
We left Obergurgl at 10:00 (private transfer to Inn)
We arrived home at about 18:30 Via Frankfurt
They arrived home at about 22:00

Vickitav,

I've always found 3vt very quick to respond to emails, I can see they are tweeting so someone is in the office, perhaps try a quick phone call to the office.
latest report
Theres a left luggage shed at Moutiers - but gets very busy.

If you have a 'date issue' then watch the English version of the altibus site as it uses the American month first malarkey - ot should appear for booking in about 6 weeks - remember France is on holiday in August.
snow conditions
Altibus. About 16 euros for an adult return from Moutiers to VT. Very easy and reliable. No need to book yet!
snow conditions
@vickitav,
When you get off the train at Moutiers, there will be buses going to the different 3 vallees resorts, I always stay in the towns (Moutiers or BSM), I also get to places way to early! and hate the idea of being stuck at a 3 vallees resort. I am not certain about the return from Val Thorens, you probably have to book a return with the bus company when you buy your tickets. If the snow was like 'snowmageddon' a few years ago!!...no chance! Laughing I was at Moutiers this past January, the weekday bus departure times from Moutiers or from the resorts, do not allow a good days skiing, I moaned about it. For anyone staying at Moutiers, one can get a taxi to Brides les Bains, and go on the Olympe gondola to Meribel.
ski holidays
@peter tooke, umm, this thread is 4 years old...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy