Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Liners or new boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What life can I expect from liners?

My current boots (Salomon Falcon 6) are approaching 10 years old and very comfortable if feeling quite soft now - 90 flex. Done c 15 weeks skiing in that time.

The liners are pretty much compressed, not much, if any, give when squeezed.

So the time has come to ask - replace the liners and get a few more years use or go for a new fitting and new complete set up?

Thanks in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
15 weeks = 90 days so the shells should still have some life in them. Though if the flex is too soft for you that ain't going to get better.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not an expert, but looked at a similar problem with mine but also wanted to stiffen up the boots. Bootfitter I saw said for the cost of new liners and anything they may be able to do to stiffen the boots you may as well get a new pair.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
New boots.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I find that after 25 weeks my liners are shot.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boot technology has come on a long way Toofy Grin What other excuse do you need.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
New boots.

That said, my Zipfits have done almost 320 ski days and still going strong. They are now in their second shells.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@narbs, the stock liner in your boot will last between 80 and 120 days on average all depending on the boot model and how well it fits
aftermarket liners are as follows

zipfit 400-600 these can be moved between different shells if the current one was worn out
palau/Intuition 100-120 days like a stock liner, xcan be moved if the shell is similar not always great results when you do
PU foam injection liners 100-200 days tight performance but can only be moved if the shell is similar to the original, sure you can move them but the results can be painful

the falcon boot has now been superseded 3 times X3 a slight update, X max the next big leap forward and more upright and the new S Max which is lighter weight again

with the age of that boot i would think it is time to change unless the budget is really tight, but even then a custom liner will cost you £150-£220 or there about

good luck with whatever you decide to do
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all, some food for thought there, and definitely looks like just replacing the liner isn't cost effective.

@CEM, I'm based in Bedford so will make an appointment at some point!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy