Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2 nts 3 days near geneva (not cham or PDS)

Poster: A snowHead
just booked some easy jet flights to geneva for a quick dash to the slopes last week in feb , got max 2andhalf days ski time with my son , we've been to chamonix and pds loads and he's keen to try somewhere new , so just after a few good ideas for us , it will be all about the ski/board time so ski in ski out and short transfer time is paramount , but also we both like challenging terrain with long runs , any advice most wellcome
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saint Gervais
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jonny996, cheers , did look at megeve , but to fancy , this could work snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think that's Paris holidays so a few days accommodation could be a problem. You could stay in Sallanches within easy reach of a range of possibilities including St Gervais, Flaine and Combloux.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
les Carroz / Grand Massif? https://winter.lescarroz.com - 1hr from Geneva
Verbier is maybe closer than you think - just under 2 hours, great terrain.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Switzerland might be a better bet in one if the busiest holiday weeks in France
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dabber, In peak French holiday season you might have better luck in Switzerland as pointed out by @pam w, a friend who is a boarder really rated Leysin for a short break though I can't say I've been.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Contamines would be my first choice. Nice old French Savoie village with good skiing. Also not yet discovered by the TOs.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another vote for Grand Massif - Les Carroz etc.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cheers all , verbier is a definite maybe

@T Bar, will check lysin out
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Les Diablerets / Glacier 3000... even on a powder day the glacier will be quiet. Prices slightly higher compared to France but not a massive difference (lets face it this isn't a cheap hobby!). If you can get cheap flights to Basel then Engelberg is also great and an easy/cheap 2hr train ride away
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
La Clusaz? Big enough area and lots to do.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pablito69 wrote:
Les Diablerets / Glacier 3000... even on a powder day the glacier will be quiet. Prices slightly higher compared to France but not a massive difference (lets face it this isn't a cheap hobby!). If you can get cheap flights to Basel then Engelberg is also great and an easy/cheap 2hr train ride away

The original poster has already booked flights to Geneva so Basel won't be of much interest I'm afraid. And Engelberg is much easier from Zurich as there's no railway station at Basel airport. Direct train to Lucerne and change there for the Engelberg Express! Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Will be interested if you find any accommodation in a French resort that week, let alone ski in/out. ...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@under a new name, ive actually found plenty of choice in most of the resorts for the friday and saturday nights just not sure the skiing at the smaller sites are what were looking for , think verbier will be the best option anyways
ski holidays
@Dabber, really - interesting, also crossing Saturday night?

And you sure it was a Paris week?
latest report
@under a new name, megeve / la clusaz / courmayeur / st gervias all had choices of 3 and 4 star hotels in reasonable locations , only limited room choice but there were choices there . anyhow booked verbier now as my lads never been and it has the best skiing of all snowHead

friday 22nd to sunday 24th feb
ski holidays
Leysin is really easy to get to by train from Geneva and is a fun place for a couple of days. Likewise Villars.

As mentioned above, Glacier 3000 is fantastic on a powder day (weekend!)
latest report
Another vote for Grand Massif. Samoens is great.
snow report
Stay in Sion....train ride from Geneva and local bus up/ down daily to Nendaz.....cheap way to ski 4V. Or same with Martigny for direct access to Verbier.
ski holidays
@Dabber, very interesting. And I hadn't clocked that you were referring to "current" searching.

When we started renting our apartments there would have been nothing available - but that was 12 years ago. Still not a huge choice compared to what you'd see in low season though. But I guess Booking.com and AirBnB are having that effect.
snow report
Les Carroz. Be prepared to get up early each morning, ask me (and no doubt, other LC afficionados) about q avoidance if you decide to visit. It’s a lovely little village.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy