Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2018-2019

Poster: A snowHead
Well, after a day's skiing on the Kitzsteinhorn glacier I can post some better news, last night the snow cannons started. The balcony view to Flachau looks white and there are reports that Obertauern could have pistes open in as little as three days.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yay! New season, new thread! I'm watching snow cannons from my window, plus the wiggly lines report sustained cold temperatures and a few flurries of the natural stuff over the next couple of weeks. Bring it on!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yay!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can see Flachau from my window too, and hear the hum of the cannons. It's all systems go. Exciting. Ange snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Heating switched on....only a week later than last year
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well done all. Keep those reports coming.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A quick glimpse of Flachau this morning.

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scarpa, Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

Love that view, yep........its so close now <3 <3 <3
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just loaded my Revolut card to pay for a season ticket. So please keep the updates coming because I need to use it. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@geepee, my season pass came last week snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Talking of the lift passes. Is best way to buy them direct from the Ski Amadé website?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@NickyJ, if it a dayor multi day pass then all valley lifts have a very efficient pay booth
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Frosty the Snowman, price wise does it make any difference getting it there or in advance?

We will be getting 6 day pass for the family of 4. The idea of getting it ordered in advance delivered home (as long as it doesn’t cost us any more) so that we have it with us when we arrive.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NickyJ wrote:
@Frosty the Snowman, price wise does it make any difference getting it there or in advance?

We will be getting 6 day pass for the family of 4. The idea of getting it ordered in advance delivered home (as long as it doesn’t cost us any more) so that we have it with us when we arrive.

If there's no difference in price, which there usually isn't in fixed-price Europe, I'd err on the side of caution and wait until I'm there about to get on the lift before buying a week's pass, you never know what's going to happen between now & then.
snow report
@NickyJ, no difference at all in price. The advance price is for season tickets. Just walk up to the Kasse
ski holidays
This is good news. We are heading to Alpendorf in mid December, can we expect that snow making would make it possible to ski all the way to Flachau?
latest report
@yuppie, you only ski to mid station to get across. I think it very likely....and snow is forecast
snow report
holidayloverxx is that the mid station at Grafenberg? Thanks for the information, this was booked a few months ago more in hope, but its starting to look good.
snow conditions
@yuppie, yep the G Spot, dont worry, it is very easy to find! and there will be enough natural snow, trust me Blush
snow report
@yuppie, as @Kooky says. The G-link takes you across to the flying Mozart mid station on the back side of Flachau
ski holidays
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Thanks for the information
snow report
I have booked my first European Winter holiday (Zum Stern, Bad Hofgastein) in about 18 years. Getting a bit nervous at the lack of white stuff whilst the Colorado/ Canada resorts I usually go to are all open!

Not there until 2nd February though, so plenty of time Very Happy
ski holidays
They have made snow down to the valley now at Flachau, I cant work out how to upload a photo but Im sure Scarpa will be along soon to dazzle you all Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Kooky wrote:
They have made snow down to the valley now at Flachau, I cant work out how to upload a photo but Im sure Scarpa will be along soon to dazzle you all Madeye-Smiley

If his pics are as clean as his jokes I'm sure he will, please post some Flachau pics too. Toofy Grin
snow report
@DB, Laughing
snow conditions
The weather here has certainly changed this week, it's very cold and feels like autumn is over and winter has arrived. Flachau mountain is usually in darkness but it's now lit up like a christmas tree with all the lights from the cannons. I will take a photo in the morning. Must buy our ski passes, I'm slacking! Ange. snowHead
snow report
Some views of Flachau.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We went for a hike up the forest trail and Eben is coming along also.

snow conditions
Apparently Reiteralm is going to open on Sunday!
snow report
Oooh....
snow conditions
Watching the Schladming webcams they are certainly racing to lay an artificial base down now it is cold.

https://www.bergfex.com/schladming-planai/webcams/c14645/
ski holidays
A dusting of the natural stuff overnight right down to valley level...
latest report
queenie's dusting snowHead snowHead snowHead

snow report
Schladming opening on Friday 23rd.
ski holidays
Flachau opens this weekend, so says my daughter, who has been told by her classmate, whos dad is a lifty on Flachau! Best go and buy those passes. Happy days. Ange snowHead
snow conditions
@flangesax, it's on bergfex as 1st Dec - but yay anyway for our cheeky weekend!
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, I probably wont go - I learnt my lesson last year when Zauchensee opened on a Saturday, and all the locals descended on one open piste - it was quite possibly the most scariest moment of my season! Looking forward to seeing you for your cheeky weekend!!!! Ange
latest report
@flangesax, we'll see what it is like. see you that weekend for sure
ski holidays
Revised information:

Opening tomorrow: Planai, Obertauern.
Opening 28th Nov: Reiteralm.
Opening 30th Nov: Zauchensee, Hauser Kaibling, Gastein.
Opening 1st Dec: Flachau/Wagrain/St Jo, Flachauwinkl, Hochkönig.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy