Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aldi ski kit

Poster: A snowHead
Just see a notice in Aldi that "Family Ski" stuff is in store from 26th November.

edit to correct date.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 13-11-17 16:44; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was given some last year to test.
I found it warm, but not breathable, so became hot and sweaty.
Also it was not great in very wet snow as it became wet and heavy after a few hours.
Maybe this year's stuff is better.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Aldi special offers run sunday and thursday so 25th Nov ties in with last years launch of 25/11/16 however there is this launch on 26th November and their stuff is normally available online from the week before.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/specialbuys/about-our-specialbuys/skiing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lidl's gear is due on the 19th November

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offers.htm?id=428&week=2
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry@Timc, it's the 26th.

I guess this'll be the basic range. There's usually another sale later with a better quality kit. I've had a pair of the salopetes from that range for 3 years with no issues of breathability or waterproofness.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
They are in rather interesting ski positions ...

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like contestants from "The Apprentice " have been involved with this ad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
more representative of the average skier?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ah, but in which resort is that picture taken... Puzzled
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anybody know when the strong Lidl screen wash goes on sale?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
5k rated? Fine if you dont fall or it dont snow. Better of looking at Sports Direct or TK Maxx
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jerby wrote:
Anybody know when the strong Lidl screen wash goes on sale?

Soon I hope!! It's lovely isn't it? Two parts screen wash to 3 parts tonic is my preferred mix
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@extremerob, they clearly haven't heard the "shag, not shit" line Very Happy Looks like the fella is lining up over one of those crouch-over-crappers.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
adithorp wrote:
Just see a notice in Aldi that "Family Ski" stuff is in store from 26th November.

edit to correct date.

They initially had the date as Sunday 27th. So I emailed them the other day to point out that the 27th was a Monday and could they please clarify when it would be on sale. They replied very quickly, thanked me and corrected their web site.

We have two stores within 10 minutes of home, so even though I have everything I need for Arabba, I may pop in early to see if there are any bargains to be had. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Awdbugga wrote:
I have everything I need for Arabba, I may pop in early to see if there are any bargains to be had. Very Happy

Anything you don't need but buy anyway, isn't a bargain, whatever the price!
ski holidays
@dp, rubbish!! A bargain is a bargain, and you always want to take advantage of a bargain. I'm a single bloke but even I subscribe to the motto "as long as you're saving a fiver in the process, you can never have enough tampons".
snow conditions
Is that Prince Harry?
Squatting on the throne.
snow report
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@dp, rubbish!! A bargain is a bargain, and you always want to take advantage of a bargain. I'm a single bloke but even I subscribe to the motto "as long as you're saving a fiver in the process, you can never have enough tampons".

What????????????? Puzzled Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
dp wrote:
Awdbugga wrote:
I have everything I need for Arabba, I may pop in early to see if there are any bargains to be had. Very Happy

Is that the same for skis? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Awdbugga wrote:
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:

What????????????? Puzzled Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Very Happy I read that quote in a book once and it resonated with me.
snow report
Awdbugga wrote:
dp wrote:
Awdbugga wrote:

Is that the same for skis? Toofy Grin

It's not a situation which can arise with skis, as you always need more.

See Rule 3.
snow report
Quote:

ah, but in which resort is that picture taken...

Clearly the background is from a resort and the 'skiers' are non-skiing models posing in a studio and photoshopped in afterwards.

Both skiers poses are laughable although the woman in the background is just completely weird. Very Happy
snow conditions
You don't say. Who'd a thunk it! rolling eyes
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
5k rated? Fine if you dont fall or it dont snow. Better of looking at Sports Direct or TK Maxx

The first kit I had 20 years ago was rated at 5K (used it for a good few years) and I never got wet once. Learning to snowboard I spent a lot of time falling in the snow and siting down.....well I am a snowboarder!!

I know we all want to keep dry but some gear is so over specked for the intended use, and the people using it, that when something low cost shows up it's considered crap. I've used their base layers for a few years and they are amazing value.

Not for a moment saying your suggesting this stuff is crap by the way but saying 5K is not the end of the world.
snow conditions
The test I did last year was v early season for somebody who was looking to buy gear for a group trip.
I have no idea how much it cost, as it was given to me.
Looking at the links posted above, it seems that the pants are about 16-20 quid - and if thats how much the ones I tested cost, then I'd say for the money they are fine.
The cheapest ones in Decathlon (produit bleu) are currently discounted to EUR15, but these too can suffer from water ingress when boarding in wet snow for several hours. ( one of our sons used them last season ).
The Decathlon Wedz'es from the Free 300 range (EUR49) are really good, and did about 120 days before the bottom hem got a bit tatty.
We have not tried the higher priced Wedz'e ones.
If you can push the boat out to 35 pounds Mike Ashley has some Nevica ones.
ski holidays
Cheers for the heads up! So just to clarify, I should be able to buy online from next weekend-ish?
ski holidays
Timc wrote:
Looks like contestants from "The Apprentice " have been involved with this ad

Laughing
latest report
Paper brochure now available in store.

Seems to be all cheap stuff this time - none of their premium lines. Lots of kids stuff though.

...and a good looking 3D printer for 299.99 Wink

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/dates/2017-11-26
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
altis wrote:
Paper brochure now available in store.

Seems to be all cheap stuff this time - none of their premium lines. Lots of kids stuff though.

The 'premium' stuff was a separate special buy last year, think it was a pro range or something. I bought some rather nice socks - one can never have too many nice socks, I shall be keeping an eye out for more this season since offspring has taken to using them as window wipes in the car... rolling eyes
ski holidays
The Aldi ski gear is now available to pre-order online! I've bagged a couple of merino tops. Worth noting that not all the merino stuff has 'merino' in the item name. Generally there seems to be a cheap polyester and a less cheap merino version for many products.
latest report
Tubaski wrote:
The Aldi ski gear is now available to pre-order online! .

Thank you for that headsup - lovely place snowHead with all these helpful folks x
snow report
Last time they had merino in, it had "improved sizing" which isn't much help unless you know how it's improved. Seemed to me to be improved by making them bigger compared to had I'd had before but a hot wash sorted it.

Think the "pro" stuff appeared last year about a month after the basic.
snow report
My pre-order, due for dispatch after Nov 26th, arrived today. And unlike previous years - where [b]@Bride of Tubaski[\b] went to the store - they are the right size too so I won't be selling them on ebay..
ski holidays
Popped into the local Aldi on Sunday to see what was on offer. Luckily I got there just as the doors opened; as it was a free for all. I've only ever seen the mayhem that are the January sales on TV; I've never demeaned myself by taking part; but the crush on Sunday was a real bun fight. People piling stuff into trollies and pushing and shoving. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Shocked

Having said that, I managed to pick up a really nice buff/neck warmer for £3.99 and some socks; which look pretty much on a par with my Falke Sk2's (but time will tell). So not a total waste of time. Will I go to their ski sale next year? No is the simple answer; well, not without my Numpty Gun set to fully automatic and to cries of - "Coming through - culling!" Twisted Evil
ski holidays
@Awdbugga, Laughing , yep for the Aldi ski gear shop you need to be staight in at opening time on the first day, and practice your elbowing technique.... Toofy Grin
snow report
@Awdbugga, reminds me of this post from last year http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2964418&highlight=matriarch#2964418 Laughing
snow report
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@Awdbugga, reminds me of this post from last year http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2964418&highlight=matriarch#2964418 Laughing

yep, that was pretty much it this time around. Some of the gear seemed OK, but the jackets and pants didn't feel up to much, not that I needed any. I mainly went there out of curiosity. The shelves may have started off in some kind of order; but within 5 minutes it was like someone had thrown a grenade into a pile of ski clothing; everything mixed up with boxes and clothes all jumbled up. It made TKmax look well ordered; and I can't stand looking around TKmax. From Aldi we went to Chester and popped into Mountain Warehouse. An altogether more civilised and enjoyable experience, with some pretty good Black Friday deals to be had.
snow report
Awdbugga wrote:
I managed to pick up a really nice buff/neck warmer for £3.99

Hate to break it to you but if you'd waited patiently for February, you'd have got a free one on arrival in Arabba.
ski holidays
dp wrote:
Awdbugga wrote:
I managed to pick up a really nice buff/neck warmer for £3.99

Hate to break it to you but if you'd waited patiently for February, you'd have got a free one on arrival in Arabba.

But last time it was yellow, matching Admin's trousers; I'm hoping for purple next time, which matches his jacket snowHead
ski holidays
I went to my local store yesterday looking for a Helmet -- guess what ; No Helmets..... Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy