Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help! booked Friday flights to innsbruck need apartment

Poster: A snowHead
HI guys, I've had fantastic advice on here in the past so its worth a shot...

Ages ago I booked flights for friday 15th feb to innsbruck- pleased with the price etc. family of 2 adults and 3 teens. We always DIY- often going on odd days and it always been fine in france or italy- Austria is another story!

Everything is saturday. Even if they show available; when i enquire its Saturday only.
I realise we could stay in innsbruck on the friday night but i want to avoid that as we have to stay at the airport in the uk on thursday night- 3 days and 2 nights travelling to get to a ski resort seems excessive!

I've looked in all the usual places, air bnb, tourist office, - we need spend under 2000 pounds and be on a bus route to a big ski area as everyone likes to be independent and we like to explore.

I have a saturday apartment reserved in scheffau but does anyone have any better ideas before I pay?- really want to avoid that extra night. Or any thoughts on staying in innsbruck- is that a fun thing to do? thank you!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just spotted one on booking.com - Brixen im Thale, Seewaldhof II, an apartment near the lifts (and Brixen is good for all the Skiwelt and Westendorf as well, plus bus/train over to Kitzbuhel). A smidge under 2k! It came up as available for that week Fri-Fri.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you talk to the local tourist office they will be able to put out an enquiry and i would expect you would get some other options for a week long booking even though it cuts across 2 normal weeks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Caveat emptor - all bookings at this advance notice for in resort accomodation will be Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun. Think about it why would they turn down a week's rental the week before just so you can have an extra day. Stay in the valley then move up on Saturday OR pay through the nose.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I second what D of T M says. Get a cheepee place somewhere for the Friday night. Try in Worgl. At least you can go there and check in and maybe get some time on the Ski Welte on the Friday afternoon. As an owner myself, I wouldn't entertain you FRi-Fri at the busiest period of the season, unless you were paying for the two weeks, then you can come and go when you like.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I second what D of T M says. Get a cheepee place somewhere for the Friday night. Try in Worgl. At least you can go there and check in and maybe get some time on the Ski Welte on the Friday afternoon. As an owner myself, I wouldn't entertain you FRi-Fri at the busiest period of the season, unless you were paying for the two weeks, then you can come and go when you like.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rather than see it as a wasted day/extra day travelling see it as a chance to do more.

Book a hotel in Innsbruck for Friday night and a hire car. Depending on flight times either pick up the hire car and hit a resort for the afternoon or the hotel and explore Innsbruck. Nice meal out in Innsbruck in the evening, followed by either an early start Sat. morning stopping off at another small resort en-route to your week destination, or a slow start and direct to your week resort.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
book a hotel that allows you to cancel last minute.
If something opens up, cancel hotel.
If nothing opens up stay at hotel.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wrong approach. And no need to worry.
Just wait till a few days before departure. Or even just the thursday. Get in touch with your host then to start with. After that, check the scheffau-search machine, and booking.com of course. You will definitely find something in Scheffau. There are always people leaving early due to whatever.
We always do it like this, we’re always fine
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stay at Kongress Hotel Innsbruck Friday night.

https://www.austria-trend.at/de/hotels/congress-innsbruck
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the replies-

@ElzP, Thank you so much that one must have appeared today! I have booked it for now (can cancel)- 500 pounds more than the nicer saturday one in scheffau so theres a dilemma.

Everyone else is swaying me towards staying elsewhere for the friday night- it does sound ok when presented as an opportunity. I may hold my nerve and look for something last minute- slightly more complicated as theres 5 of us but i"m reassured that @Langerzug has done it before.

@Markymark29, thank you- kongress looks ideal and fun but showing fully booked unfortunately.,
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@nem, can book direct they don’t always allocate rooms to Bookings etc well in advance
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stay in Innsbruck and ski Axamer on the friday.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@nem, Ramada Tivoli also great place to stay, amazing wellness and rooftop chill area, cool bar too, good snacks and food.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Austria is great, our family has been there a few times with children aged 2-9yrs and always well looked after. Sometimes the accomodations try to sell Sat-Sat and then are more flexible as it gets nearer the time so don't panic yet! Try this site which has good options not listed on the usual sites..
https://www.kitzbueheler-alpen.com/en/accommodation/search.html

Westendorf is a beautiful village with everything (including the lifts) within a few hundred yards of the centre
latest report
A simple solution would be to stay in Wörgl, Kufstein or similar nearby location on the Friday evening. There are plenty of fairly ordinary hotels which would take one night bookings. From all of these places it is a very short drive to Scheffau so no issue at all skiing on the Saturday with minimum fuss. I am sure your accommodation would let you park your car there on Saturday morning before you go off for the day.

I stayed here https://www.gasthofschroll.at/ for one night last season, cost €35 (though suspect that was a mistake on their part) B&B.
ski holidays
Just park at the lift station in Scheffau or Soll . It's not like the village is anywhere near the actual skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy