Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D’Isère ski school prices versus Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I am in Val over Christmas and have just been looking at ski school prices which seem very expensive compared to my previous experiences in Italy. After having spent 5 days in Val Thorens last year I thought I had gotten used to French prices but perhaps I have been naive.
That said if anyone has recommendations to suit my girlfriend who is intermediate but not confident then let me know as I it will make her happy if I sort it out.

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a big range of ski schools in Val d'Isere with a big range of prices. Which have you been looking at? And of course the continued weakness of the pound against the euro doesn't help.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Val d'Isere is certainly pretty expensive but I wouldn't have thought it was much different to Val Thorens, like for like. How much did you pay in Italy? Italy is generally cheaper for food and drink, for sure.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
France generally more exp all round due to general taxation 35% Corp tax I believe.... Italy significantly
cheaper

Val d also larger French ski resort will add a layer of cash compared to smaller French resorts
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steve Angus at TDC. Not had a lesson with him myself but comes highly recommended.

Andy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ken smith at progression or James part of his crew
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
anderoo wrote:
Steve Angus at TDC. Not had a lesson with him myself but comes highly recommended.

Andy

I've had lessons with him on pre season bash (so can't comment on TDC prices) and he's very good.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy