Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamrousse - Child Friendly Accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been a keen observer on this forum for many ski trips, thanks all for previous answers to questions that google can't answer! This therefore is one that I can't find answered on the interweb or this forum, so hoping the SnowHead community can help.

A group of us have skied together for the past 8 years, returning a few times now to Chamrousse in bog standard accommodation; the low cost has meant the group size has increased due to accessibility. However, the group is getting older now and children are being added! I was wondering therefore if anyone can recommend any decent child friendly accommodation that's not a shack we normally go for (apartments through Snowtrex). The child is under 2 so preferably looking for somewhere that offers decent facilities and comfort, a nursery type scenario would be excellent as well if you're aware of such provision, but this isn't essential.

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Homebrewed wrote:
I've been a keen observer on this forum for many ski trips, thanks all for previous answers to questions that google can't answer! This therefore is one that I can't find answered on the interweb or this forum, so hoping the SnowHead community can help.

A group of us have skied together for the past 8 years, returning a few times now to Chamrousse in bog standard accommodation; the low cost has meant the group size has increased due to accessibility. However, the group is getting older now and children are being added! I was wondering therefore if anyone can recommend any decent child friendly accommodation that's not a shack we normally go for (apartments through Snowtrex). The child is under 2 so preferably looking for somewhere that offers decent facilities and comfort, a nursery type scenario would be excellent as well if you're aware of such provision, but this isn't essential.

Thanks in advance.

The Bachat Bouloud area has more modern accommodation. However I'm not aware of any of the apartments with creche, there are a couple of creche in the town. Some TO may run their own creche if you don't mind packages.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure why having a toddler requires upping the standard of accommodation. "Bog standard accommodation" has always been OK for our two Very Happy

Understand you may need some child care provision but I would have thought that could be done independently.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's because said friend with child is a snob and his child deserves the best, or something to that affect!! rolling eyes

I've had a quick look and the two can be separate, with a few options in terms of childcare. I'll keep looking but just wanted to get so info from those who have maybe seen the places in person, as opposed to images of places which are often showing things in the best light.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Homebrewed, he can pick up the extra ££££ for everyone's upgrade then Laughing Laughing

Unfortunately I've not been to Chamrousse so can't help with specifics. I'm sure they'll be more traffic on the thread soon though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Homebrewed I think the parent should be the one to find the accommodation, as that is the only way to make sure it is good enough.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tell snob to sort themselves out.
give them details of your plans...
wait until the kids gets to learning to ski age....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+ 1 on the group should stick to its own plans and accomodation and let snob sort their own crap out. It's incredibly arrogant to seek to impose your preferences on an already established group.

Send snob a link to this thread
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Homebrewed, have you also checked the (only two!) options that can be booked via Sunweb to see if that meets all the groups needs? Certainly looks cheep enough (as prices include lift passes) but don’t know if even vaguely suitable.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hard to tell whether you're all heartless gits or my sarcasm didn't translate in text. Snob is also bestmate of many years, who just happens to be a bit over protective with his new little one. I've always booked the ski holidays and its something I enjoy, plus snob works on the frontline of the NHS whereas I sit on my back bottom all day pretending to work. Aware that it was a bit of a difficult one as Chamrousse isn't the most popular resort.

@Nickyj I've been to the same place a couple of times, for me it would be suitable, but snob has also been there before and deems it unsuitable. Horses for courses.

Thanks for all your input!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Homebrewed, new parents can be like that (over protective)! But joking aside this could get tricky because what exactly is he hoping or looking for i.e., what is suitable? If it's just a nicer apartment then that should be simple enough. Lift passes can always be purchased separately. But if he wants on site childcare or some specific facilities...?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes very tricky. I'm on the side of most of you, that in reality its not that bad. I think the key thing is comfort of accommodation, as the apartments we are staying in are not built for comfort. So yeah I guess the first thought would be a nicer apartment. I'll do my research and then send it their way to make the choice. Is was more on the off chance that someone had been through the same experience.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Layne, +1

Certainly one of the sunweb ones talks about cots and children’s chairs (presume this is high chairs!) and mini clubs for kids but may not be suitable for age of child in your party.

https://ski.sunweb.co.uk/france/chamrousse/chamrousse/residence_les_villlages_du_bachat.htm

Haven’t been there myself so couldn’t say one way or the other.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy