Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, quick q...... thoughts on le Thuile at Easter 2019..... this season it’s mid April, would normally go for height that time of year like Tignes.....but fancy Italy and la Thuile is driveable......

Two young kids will be in tow

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ajc2260626, currently good info on La Thuile in another post - "Italian destinations, Jan and March" . We love it, but never been as late as April.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very open resort. Almost all the skiing is above the tree line so subject to high winds and cloud. Long gondola ride from the base to get to the skiing. Village itself is very small with not a lot going on, but with 2 kids in tow , may not be an issue. Linked to La Rosiere in France though the route back is a bit of a faff.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
April 2017 slush and sunbathing, only the top runs open/worth skiing.
April 2018 powder and nearly all runs open, even those down to La Thuile.

I will be there again this April, hoping for conditions like last year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are there any other high altitude Italian resorts worth considering with two kids in tow, so good kids ski schools?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ajc2260626 wrote:
Are there any other high altitude Italian resorts worth considering with two kids in tow, so good kids ski schools?

Cervinia comes to mind. Not sure about schools (not used them)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ajc2260626 wrote:

Ski2 in Champoluc. Very good ski school.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski2 are closed before our Easter starts unfortunately.... there last week is 6th April...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looking at the 17/18 dates will it even be open at that time? I am all for skiing in Italy and been to La Thuile (January, so not a comparable date) but never known it as a late season resort. Would only second the suggestion of Cervinia as a reliable bet at that time of year.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Take the gondola down, I've still got road rash on my bum from the two blacks down to the town. There is a lovely easy greeny blue down on the north side of the resort but it can get very slushy at the end of the season. Otherwise it's a big open bowl full of wide motorway skiing on proper bashed pistes . . . So great for kids and dialing in your own skills . . .

And never forget Italian coffee and hot chocolate are second to none. Italy will be the first place I'll be taking the grandpuppies Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Masque, you're not wrong re the coffee and hot chocolate. Found myself stopping in La Thuile far more than I usually would when skiing. BTW I found that the red road 6 was the worst of the home runs. Horrible half pipe of snow and slush by the end of the day. Yuch
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy