Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dakine Fall Line vs Low Roller

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads

I'm looking at getting a double ski bag for mine and husband's skis and maybe a bit of clothing and/or one pair of boots. I was about to buy the Dakine Fall Line double in 175cm but as far as I can tell the snowboard bag (low roller) is almost identical but comes in 165cm. Our skis are 150cm and 165cm so I guess they would fit better in the snowboard bag without it bending and dragging on the floor. Is there any particular feature of the ski bag that makes it worth buying over the snowboard bag? They look the same to me!

Does anyone know the difference, other than the length? (And the fact that I can get the snowboard bag for about £30 cheaper?)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a Low Roller (157 version) but not the ski bag. Looking at the images they appear identical except for dimensions, which you can read off the specifications. The 157 length bag fits multiple 156cm snowboards no problem, although you'd not want to be a lot longer: the sizing is correct.

They're simple bags, nothing fancy in the Low Roller. In UK you can generally get the "female" versions of the bags cheaper for some reason. The only difference is the colours.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think previous low rollers would be lower in height like 15cm (vs 20cm height on the ski double) but also perhaps .5kg lighter on the shorter low roller .
Depends how skis are laid out in the bag but imagine 2 x pairs could only go sideways in 30cm wide bag ?

Ski boots on top of 2 pairs of skis laying sideways in a 15cm height low roller is a fit I doubt but would want to check out ?

At a guess its no go especially if you want to pack quick an easy .

If the 175cm has internal straps its going to be better the 165cm I am not certain boots will fit very well ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies Very Happy

There are no straps inside the Fall Line which got me thinking about how it is any different (or not) inside compared to the snowboard bag. Will have another look at dimensions, although it's not hugely critical to get boots in with 2 pairs of skis so that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just returned from Flaine with a 195cm fall line double. One pair of 187cm skis, most of my clothes plus avalanche bag and probe/shovel. One boot went in the bag and the other in back pack. It was 31 kg so lucky I was travelling Business Class (thanks Avios)

Weighed the bag with two pairs of skis anticipating a powder filled trip to Val D in a few weeks time. 15kg. Am allowed 23kg with FlyBe so hoped to get some rolls of clothes in there. Not looking forward to carring another bag too. Will not be taking a backpack (avi has to go in hold)!

It is a hernia unleashing monster! Also you will see dozens coming off the luggage rack if flying Geneva so add some personalised rope as I anticipated some dozy character wandering off with mine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey there Hawkes,

been a while since your trip but wondering if you had any issue taking 2 pairs of skis in 1 bag with Flybe. heard they can be tricky?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I thought the Low roller was for one pair of skis and the High roller for two? :: I have a 165 low roller, never tried to put two sets of skis in tho'....

=====

Edit

In the interests of experimentation

I've just put two pairs of Skis in my Low roller. They do go in, but not much room for anything else (maybe some clothes..) : They fit a bit 'tight' at the sides, due to the bindings. Removing them would be a good idea

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 15-01-18 0:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I use the Fall Line 190 and it's a great bag. When I'm putting two pairs of skis in it the skis need to be offset so that the bindings from one pair don't clash with the bindings from the other. It's worth checking you can do this with your skis without exceeding the length of the Low Roller. It's also worth double checking the length of your skis (not always what's printed on them) and the internal lengths of the bags you're looking at.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know the OP was from 2017 but I have to post a link I found of a youtube review of the Dakine snowboard bag:

http://youtube.com/v/DEnWan4lHNg

As it's a UK shop, the guy is presumably indoors somewhere in the UK but is still wearing goggles and jacket for this ad/review. Good application of rule 4 but fails to take into account rule 22.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Our double ski bag didn't make it back on our flight. Took almost 3 weeks before they located and delivered it. Started to put together an insuance claim and discovered we'd only be covered for a single set of ski's and poles and nothing else as airlne carriage rules specified only 1 set of ski's per bag. In the future I think I'll buy 1 extra bag rather than ski carriage in order to avoid this restriction.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy