Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers for a group of 9 from Chambery

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any tips on finding cheaper transfers for a group of 9?
Seems to jump 30-40% from 8 passengers to 9 passengers
Im guessing its down to minibus carrying 8 can be driven on a normal licence & 9 needs a bus drivers licence.
At least thats how the law in the UK works when money is involved.

Ive looked at the shared Altibus -but last years timetable does not work with flight times.
I really want to avoid train option due to young children who would probably be sleeping by long before we get to our destination.

Destination Valloire/Valmeiner or Les Sybelles area.. & possibly val cenis.
Though prices all come out around the same for the different resorts
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does it work out any cheaper to hire a minibus from sixt or someone similar then drive your selves?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bob wrote:
Does it work out any cheaper to hire a minibus from sixt or someone similar then drive your selves?

I did think about that, but one of the 9 is an infant so would be a pita to take a car seat/booster
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hmm. his feet probably wouldn't reach the pedals Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They rent car seats/boosters with the van.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Book it for 8 and stick the infant in a ski bag, then sneak he/she out once loaded up and on the road.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr.Egg wrote:
Bob wrote:

I did think about that, but one of the 9 is an infant so would be a pita to take a car seat/booster

Not sure who you are flying with but withBritish Airways car seats are carried no extra charge and no more faff than having skis with you (as you need to drop and collect from oversized where one exists (Chambéry doesn’t differentiate but Heathrow, Gatwick, Turin and Oslo definitely do.)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mr.Egg wrote:
Bob wrote:

Doesn't the hire company supply car seats?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chaletgirl wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
Bob wrote:

Doesn't the hire company supply car seats?

They do but normally charge per day and if you can take your own out for free you know how to use it, condition it is in etc
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
NickyJ wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
Bob wrote:

Not sure who you are flying with but withBritish Airways car seats are carried no extra charge and no more faff than having skis with you (as you need to drop and collect from oversized where one exists (Chambéry doesn’t differentiate but Heathrow, Gatwick, Turin and Oslo definitely do.)

I think all airlines have to offer the option to take a car seat for free.
First problem is to find 2 or 3 people prepared to drive as it seems cheaper to hire 2 cars.
I cant find a minibus big enough to take 9 & all the luggage.
I can only drive automatics due to a leg issue & I cant find any auto minibuses
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mr.Egg,
your resort choice for transfers and in particular shared transfers is not the best for competitive quotes and your spot on re mini bus capacity.
8 passenger seats is fine with a Cat B licence and also means no Tacho so that's why 99% mini bus transfers companies use a 8 passenger seat (9 inc driver) Renault traffics or VW Transporter.
How about someone in the party hire's a tiny little car as cheap as you can for 2 x people and the other 7 get in a mini bus transfer then split the costs evenly and do the drive in a mini convoy?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy