Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, Going out to Arabba 10th March any tips advice on the area including restaurants /bars etc would be gratefully received.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@The Plumber, Restaurants aren’t a problem. You’ll be hard pressed to find a bad one. I haven’t and I’ve been going there for nine years. In Arabba itself there aren’t a great deal of bars. Peter’s bar is one of note but apart from that you’re looking at hotel bars. La Stube in hotel Portavescovo is the one we tend to congregate at for the Birthday Bash in February but then we’re creatures of habit.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Marmolada is worth doing and allow time for the war museum in the cable car station.

If you ski reasonably quickly you can do the Sell one way in the morning and then the otherway in the afternoon.

I love the area so ENJOY!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are many here with more experience than me... But... I (accidentally) found getting the sella ronda out of the way early beneficial, leaving the rest of the time free to explore the plentiful and much more interesting offshoots and outlaying areas, with the knowledge of the ronda making it a little quicker and easier getting there and back. Chuck an imaginary dart at the map, and go check it out!

I only found one "bad" restaurant, a huge french style jam packed self-service job. All the smaller places were wonderful.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is my first time in the dolomites and I agree with what's been said above. Get the sella Ronda out of the way and then explore the off shoots. These are less busy and some great skiing to be had.
As for resturants we are only half way through the week and all the food, service and prices have been great so far.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thought I'd just bump this thread by linking to a travel writer's blog I've just seen"Where to Ski and Eat in the Italian Alps" - as it says there are some great places to eat on the mountain in the Sella Ronda/Dolomites region. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy