Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to Nice on Friday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bit of a long shot this:- we are driving from Puy st Vincent to Nice airport on Friday, which is the start of the French hols and have been warned that the roads could be busy. As an alternative to the autoroute to Aix and then to Nice we were thinking of the road that goes through Risoul, Vars and Barcelonnett. Is this a sensible option?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BertieG, Are you sure the mountain cols are open ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd stick to the autoroute, though maybe go via D3 after Manosque to Saint-Maxime instead of past Aix? It's the French holidays for central and south west, the holidays in the south east (Nice, Aix) don't start for a fortnight so hopefully traffic won't be too bad.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rjs, no I don’t know if the cols are open hence the question.
@Griffindaix, we came by the D3 looks like we’ll go back that way if the scenic route is a bit dodgy?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
D902 is open - http://inforoute.hautes-alpes.fr/www/index.html but I've not been over so I'm not sure of the conditions. Hope you have a nice journey!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Watch out as French trains are also about to go on a 2 day a week strike for the next 3 months, might affect road traffic
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When we lived in Les Contamines we once did Route Napoleon to St Raphael in the summer in a "suitable car" had an absolute blast but chose to come home via the auto route as the blast was really tiring and saved 2 hours on the journey..... given everything else being equal i'd probably go via the auto route.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Definitely stick to the peage and head down to Tallard to join the N85 there. We were in Pra Loup this time last year and the D902 was still shut and will most likely still be now after all the recent snow. Even if it is open it is a very slow and wiggly route. It will be slow around Aix/Marseille and look out for the speed traps on A8, I got zapped x3 on the approach to Nice last year - three different fines! Looking at the map there is a possible route Digne -Entrevaux, looks wiggly though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BertieG, we've done this a couple of times, but have always stuck to the autoroute except in Summer.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone, as always snowheads is a wealth of information.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy