Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boot bags- easy jet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Flew back from Geneva to Edinburgh on the 2045 hours yesterday. Maybe due to increased security the airport was chaos and despite getting there 2 hours and 30 minutes beforehand we were next to last grimy on the bus out to the plane having had not a single minute to do anything (not the worst thing).

On arriving getting to the desk with 2 board bags a ski bag and 3 boot bags along with two large hold bags i was told i couldn't take boot bags as everything had to be in one bag.

This was my 12th ski holiday taking my own stuff (including Geneva)and i have always had boot and ski bag separate with no issues. I just managed to squeeze them all into the bags whilst the huge queue moaned before they to had to do the same.

Many people just clipped boots onto rucksack which just made overhead locker space a nonsense. Apologies if covered previously.

On a more positive note it was an epic week in PDS

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 26-03-18 13:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mikeelsa, which airline?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry. Easy jet
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mikeelsa - you might want to change the thread title to include "easyjet" -- I'm sure that would get more views/replies to the thread !!

Interesting :: this is a post made by 'ster' in this thread == http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=128789

".....I didnt ask about the weight pooling aspect as this is well documented on their site but below is the chat re "Skis and boots" and how many bags this means:

10:54:26 ME:
Hi. With a small sports equipment carriage booking it says you can take "skis and boots". As skis and boots normally fit in different types of bags does this this mean that I can take skis in one bag and boots in another, so two bags under the sports bag booking? Or does the booking only allow one bag and so the skis and boots need to be in one bag. Thanks

10:56:55 EASYJET:
Hi. Thanks for your question and chatting with easyJet today.

10:57:05 EASYJET:
Sure, let me check this for you.

10:59:58 EASYJET :
Skis and boots can be packed in two different bags and will still be considered as one item and charged as one item as a "package deal". Please note that when adding Skis and/or Boots to a booking, even if you add just one piece , the system will automatically add [but the weight will remain of 20 kg]. This comes from the fact that Skis & Boots are considered to always be a pair, therefore there are always 2.

11:02:51 ME:
Hi . OK just to be totally clear if I have bought a normal hold bag allowance, and a small sports equipment allowance I can take one hold bag, one ski bag with skis in it and one boot bag with the boots in it, so THREE bags in total as long as I keep under the weight allowance? Thanks

11:05:00 EASYJET:
PS Thats THREE bags into the hold

11:05:22 EASYJET:
yes. .................................."
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Interesting as i argued with the girl that this was the case but she told me i could book them in for an extra 70 chf. I would have worn them in my feet before i did that
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@mikeelsa, that would have shut her up ! Smile

trouble is, I cant find anything on their website about packing boots and skis together
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mikeelsa, we are flying EJ on Sat EDI-GVA. Just to clarify were they saying you could not take the boot bag on board as carry on or that you couldn't check it as it was 2 items of sports equipment (and presumably you had only checked one - i.e. 20KG of "Skis and boots" as they call it)? I think the latter? We normally just take them on as carry on and never had a problem previously but interested to know....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They would not allow ski carriage to be 20kg using the 2 bags despite Edinburgh having no problem and me never having a problem previously.

They stated it was one 20kg bag for ski and boots. I managed to get my ski boots squashed into each hold bag and one pair of snowboard boots into the ski bag. I put my son's rucksack inside his snowboard bootbag which he took into plane as hand baggage.

Snow board boots are not to bad to carry on but some folk were just clipping their ski boots onto ruck sacks. Wouldn't thank you to get hit in the face with them if they swung down from the overhead storage
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
albob wrote:
@mikeelsa, that would have shut her up ! Smile

trouble is, I cant find anything on their website about packing boots and skis together

It didnt say on the website about skis and boots being able to be in 2 bags rather than all in one so I wanted a definitive opinion that I could print out and wave around (if it went my way) at check in when I expected to be told what you were told.

I had still planned to have bag space to reallocate at check in if this did not work despite the written confirm but the girl at Innsbruck smiled and said not a word.

Having said all this as it is not written on their website I guess it can be either policy at a given time so who knows what they would say now if I asked again.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks like a Geneva issue
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy