Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milton Keynes Development Coaching or private lesson?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got a few hours to kill in Milton Keynes this Friday and thought I might try some private instruction/coaching in the some. But I see they do a Development Coaching session Friday mornings.

I'm a fairly competent skier (guess around 8/9 on Inside Out scale), and was wondering if the Development Coaching Session would be worthwhile?

I don't mind spending the extra money on a private session, but only if they have suitably high standard instructors available. I certainly wouldn't want to spend a couple of hours in a private lesson and find out I've got a BASI level one or whatever.

Anybody got experience of the Development Coaching Sessions, or the standard of private tuition available?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wouldn't bother with either. You're too good a skier. Also on a Friday there are usually jumps etc on the slope so not much space for skiing. Mad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmm, hardly a resounding endorsement for the place!

But I've got time to kill so maybe still go but ignore the coaching - and take board as well as skis and just muck about on the jumps for a couple of hours Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wouldn’t. There’s usually lots of beginners in the DC. Also they have a shortage of ski instructors, many of them are level 1 I think. Thursdays and Fridays are a no go as it’s set up for park and you can’t even use the features.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It gets worse - may as well use the time to get my hair cut or something instead! I assume Milton Keynes has better barbers than snow domes Confused

Really glad I asked and thanks both for the comments.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds as though feeding the cows would be more exciting than the dome. They'll be near a roundabout somewhere 🐂
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is a great Chinese restaurant near the snowdome - Taipan - if you have time to spare you can get proper dim sum and 'real' Chinese food. A much better use of time I think.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy