Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes ski school

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi we've just booked a late minute ski trip to Tignes (staying Val Claret) on 7/4/18, although been planning in my head for last year!

The only problem now is availability of ski schools. They are intermediate skiers with 2 and 3 weeks experience and a few days at Glenshee this year so older son 13 years quite confident and 11 year happily on blues/ most reds but we both feel would need some more tuition.

We had hoped to get maybe 3 morning lessons but Inghams who we booked with have only 6 mornings x 3 hours available and online searches have only come up with afternoon lessons for minimum 5 days. Older son was going to try snowboarding but we don't want all week just a day or two trial so not to confuse.

Do you think there's any chance of picking up lessons while out there? Torn between booking the inghams mornings but seems a waste as don't need all days and being restricted in not being able to go too far in a day. Not sure whether private lessons are within budget but might be an option for 2x half days.

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks Jennifer
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads!

When we skied in Tignes we took private lessons with Evolution2, and would highly recommend them. They're flexible about the group size.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From memory, all ski lessons start in le lac and the ones I'd recommend are either ultimate or tdc for skiers.
Snowboarding I'd try Jay of Freedom first as I've just had a brilliant two lessons with him, or a mate had a good time with Si of rebel alliance.

I'd always check out private lessons as I seem to get more from them if paired with a mate or two.

Whatever, have fun.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Skitriers,

ESF tignes le lac. 1.5 hr private lessons at lunchtime for €75 up to 3 in group.

If you are interested drop me a message and I will ask someone is known who works there to get in touch with you.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Skitriers, New Generation usually get positive feedback I think. I last used them 3 years ago and they were good.
Evo 2 also, as mentioned by @sj1608,
snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi all, everyone is so helpful, thanks for all your replies.

I've managed to have a look and Evolution 2 had no space that week, New generation only could fit them into an adult class which my youngest wasn't keen on. Ultimate and TDC has an enquiry form so haven't heard back.

Thinking maybe the ESF 1.5 hour lunchtime lesson might be a reasonable option for the first 2 days as they both sons could go together. Looks like they also do ESF lessons from Val Claret which would suit better as we'll need to get our ski hire (already booked) in the morning and don't know the resorts layouts.

I think we'll need to leave the snowboarding arrangements till we get there and hopefully manage to pick up a beginner lesson later in week, as we've already sorted ski hire. Will definitely look up Jay at Freedom First.

Thanks again, Jennifer
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would recommend doing a full holiday boarding rather than a couple of hours' lessons within a week of skiing. That was recommended to me, I did it and absolutely loved it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks @Orange200 good point - probably will leave the boarding this trip then. Means we'll be able to go much further all together at our skiing levels. Definitely boarding for my son next time or if snow stays at Glenshee we'll get him lessons there. I did a week's boarding and my knee is still dodgy - with right instructor I'm sure he'll love it. Think we're just too last minute this trip.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I got a 60 minute lesson with the ESF recently for €51 split between up to five of us. Really good value and great instructor who fit a lot in in such a short space
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've always liked Snocool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for new suggestions, I've sent a few enquiries online to the companies so hopefully get sorted before we leave Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ski lessons in Tignes start in each village, not just Le Lac.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy