Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saint-Sorlin d'Arves and getting there

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading to Les Sybelles (Saint-Sorlin) next week and I've heard it's a pretty long and windy road up to the village... Slightly concerned about my T5 getting up there, (with more snow predicted) having had proper issues in St Martin de Belleville in February... Ended up just leaving it down the hill, and squeezing in my mate's car, as it struggled on the slightest of inclines... Had some snow socks on it, but still struggled... Hoping 'someone' might be able to help me out with some experience of heading up that way...? How good are they at keeping the road clear...?

I was thinking of just getting some chains, but they are so expensive for the wheels I have, and I seem to be collecting snow chains as I chop my vehicle in every couple of years... So, not sure to go with with the socks and rely on them clearing the roads...? Invest in some all weather tyres (expensive), or just plumb for my 4th set of chains to sit in the loft afterwards...?

Or maybe just buy a 4x4 Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good choice (best corner of Les Sybelles) but, yes, it is a long and windy road. I was certainly glad of our winter tyres when we drove to Albiez and Le Corbier in February. I would stress over taking such a large vehicle as a T5 to St Sorlin on summers.

I’d head over to:
https://cars.tyreleader.co.uk/tyre-pack/8961/
And look for a package deal on narrow steel rims (6.5x16?) and winter tyres (205 65 16?).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thx @altis, Had a quick look and unless I'm mistaken that will still set me back about €400 wish... Sad Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy