Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggle question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Fairly infrequent poster here so apologies if this has been covered many times before !
Its just about ski goggles - the context is that I had my first ski holiday a few years ago, loved it and intended to make it an annual thing, but between one thing and another (job, injury/surgery, life stuff etc.) I've been unable to go since then. I did however go on a mad buying spree after the first holiday and ended up with a two pairs of Oakley Splice goggles, one with VR28 Polarised lens and one with VR50 Pink Iridium lens.
So I'm just wondering if goggles have a lifespan or anything like that ? Both pair that I have are brand new, unused, about 4 years old and have been stored in the little cloth bag they came in. I assume they're still fine ? Excuse my ignorance if that's a silly question.
Also, I've seen lots of stuff online about new technology, prizm lens bla, bla, and I don't see the Splice on Oakley's website anymore. Would the two pair that I have be regarded as adequate for someone who is essentially a beginner ?

Many thanks in advance !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IMHO yes! I manage just fine with some yellow goggles for most (ie cloudy) days and sunglasses when skies are blue.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@wk1974, it may be that the frame model has been discontinued, so you might find it difficult to get replacement lenses. It sounds like you’ll be fine for now though. It’s worth getting Prizm lenses if you break the ones you have, but probably not otherwise. They should last a fair while if you look after them – dry them out before storing and don’t leave them by a radiator etc.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy