Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken Oakley Jury sunglasses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, the arm on my Oakley Jury prescription sunglasses broke on a recent trip. Took them to dispensing optician to get them repaired but was told as they were discontinued they couldn't be repaired as Oakley don't hold spares. There are Jury's available on Amazon but at over £130 seems expensive to replace a £3 piece of plastic.

Really looking to see if anyone has a broken pair of Jury's I could use for spares?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 20-03-18 14:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try contacting oakley direct they have a product support page http://uk.oakley.com/en/support/warranty and may be able to help.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oakley have always been very helpful when I've contacted them about faulty/broken stuff. Definitely try getting in touch with them. Good luck.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+3. Or they will offer you 50% off a replacement.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 For contacting Oakley direct. They've repaired a couple of pairs of my "discontinued" sunglasses.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
More plusses here. They repaired a old pair of A-Wire sunglasses for me years after they went out of production. I'd botched a repair to them after the hinge broke, Oakley fixed them and sent an apology note for not being able to colour match the exact colour of the replacement arm to the frame so had done the other arm to match. And they did it all it for free!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for your suggestions. The optician claims they went back to Oakley head office but Oakley just said discontinued so refused to help. I will try the direct route though.

As these included prescription lenses I'm reluctant to pay again even if I get a 50% discount on the new frames, buying old frames from elsewhere for spares is probably my best option.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had the same issue, I've got the Oakley jupiter squared, and broke the arm in half while off piste.
I got home contacted Oakley direct, They informed me that they no longer make them and don't stock spares, So they just replaced them.
Oakley have a life time warranty on their frames.
And my new glasses arrived within a week.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Being a sceptic, I suspect that the optician didn't push Oakley to replace them as the optician saw it as a new sale opportunity for them.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Steveee, If you have no luck with Oackley try

http://www.specrepairs.com/home/4592140773

We have used them several times for ordinary spectacle repair. Very efficient. You send the item to them and they ring you with a quote.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all the suggestions, I've just submitted a claim to Oakley so let's see what they come back with.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oakley’s build quality and customer service not what it used to be .They are now part of group that has sunglasses hut ,Ray ban .persol amongst its brands . It closed it’s Northern Ireland prescription lens making facility a while back .They churn out new frames and discontinue frames all the time . Be careful before you select a frame in future . You may get lucky if the free ha been recently been discontinued
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oakley’s build quality and customer service not what it used to be .They are now part of group that has sunglasses hut ,Ray ban .persol amongst its brands . It closed it’s Northern Ireland prescription lens making facility a while back .They churn out new frames and discontinue frames all the time . Be careful before you select a frame in future . You may get lucky if the free ha been recently been discontinued
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@tarrantd, customer support URL has changed to

https://customersupport.luxottica.com/wcsstore/oakley.html

Took them 4 days to tell me that, have to wait another 3 days to get a response Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cad99uk wrote:
@Steveee, If you have no luck with Oackley try

http://www.specrepairs.com/home/4592140773

We have used them several times for ordinary spectacle repair. Very efficient. You send the item to them and they ring you with a quote.

They are efficient at getting back with a report but in this case they say they can't help. I'll now try House insurance policy, question is what do I replace them with? Must support prescription lenses.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy