Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Olympic Predictions

Poster: A snowHead
Ive got no money going on these...

Men
DH Feuz
SG Svindal
GS Hirscher
SL Ryding - he's got a win in him, hope it's this one!

Women
DH Goggia
SG Vieth
GS Shiffrin
SL Shiffrin

What do you reckon kids?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@chrisdavis, liking the cut of your jib.

Ryding beating Hirscher is a long shot but my word worthy of a celebration, and not impossible I think.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Svindal for DH not Super G.

Hirscher for SL . But i would love Dave to get

Anna could get SG but i don't think she is strong enough
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bit limited on my knowledge as generally focus on slalom and men's downhill, but:

Men
DH - Svindal
SG - Pinturault
GS - Hirscher
SL - Hirscher

Women
DH - Tina Weican'tIspellhername
SG - Gut
GS - Shiffrin
SL - Shiffrin

Would love to see Ryding take a medal in SL but wouldn't put any money against Hirscher (Shiffrin the same in the women's)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
20-1 on a nuclear winter Olympics wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Shiffrin is just unbelievable. I just don't know how she does it.
Ryding beat Hirscher? It's possible but tbh not very likely.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Steilhang, the other top 3 or 4 women's slalom skiers (Vlhova, Hansdotter, Holdener) are all pretty quick, in the sense of how much ahead of the rest of the field they are. The fact that Shiffrin can beat them by a second, or more, is astonishing. And every now and then she does something even more amazing, like the World Championship win (where she almost looked embarrassed by the margin of victory) or when she managed to ski over a broken gate and still win.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Japanese guy to win men’s figure skating if you want a certain at the bookies.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shiffrin for combined as well. Her SL is so far ahead and she shouldn't lose much on an easy downhill track. If she doesn't cock anything up 3 golds.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fancy Paris to do it in the downhill.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Any bets on Freestyle or Snowboard?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Surely Woodsy has to be in with a shout
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Guernseyfreerider, Fair, though he's been a consistent top-10 contender this year, he's not quite found the form that puts him on the podium when all the big players are in attendance.

I reckon Katie Ormerod has a good chance on picking up something - possibly even 2 from Slopestyle and Big Air.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My money will be on:

Men
DH Svindal
SG Svindal
GS Hirscher
SL Hirscher, with Dave Ryding in top 5

Women
DH Goggia or Vonn
SG Vonn
GS Shiffrin
SL Shiffrin

And then for the others:

Katie Ormerod - at least one podium, possibly 2
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Izzy Atkin silver in X Games Slopestyle got to be a serious contender
snow conditions
Whats turnout for x-games been like? Heard the big names had been focussed on national duty ready for olympics.
ski holidays
@Richard_Sideways, It's been amazing what I've seen, level has been ridiculous, looking forward to men's slopestyle skiing tonight
ski holidays
Shiffrin odds probably going out unless she sorts her head out. Unfortunately the Vonnbot looks like she is peaking right on schedule.

If the Rocket is in podium contention second run that'll be amazing enough for me.

I hope the Brit freestyle girls kick ass. Unfortunately Woodsy probably a bit of a long shot.
ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, I'm not so sure I he can definetly do it on his day. He looked amazing at the X games, bit unlucky on his second run he went so huge on the money kicker he just ended up having a sketchy landing. He was absolutely fuming when he messed up on the last run, I don't mind that shows how much he cares, sometimes these guys can be a little too laid back, definetly sensing the freeskiers are up for it and they are under pressure to deliver.
latest report
Yes I guess it's all about peaking at the right time and the favourites often don't win. However, from the comfort of my armchair, I predict gold / silver / bronze to the following (p)lucky contenders:

Men
DH Kriechmayr, Feuz, Dressen
SG Jansrud, Kriechmayr, Svindal
GS Hirscher, Kristoffersen, Pintulrault
SL Kristoffersen, Ryding, Hirscher (actually I don't quite think that but The Rocket deserves something)

Women
DH Vonn, Huetter, Goggia
SG Veith, Schnarf, Weirather
GS Rebensburg, Worley, Shiffrin
SL Vlhova, Shiffrin, Holdener

Like others I think Ms Shiffrin might not have it all her own way.

Long odds bet - Clement Noel in mens sl. Nothing to lose.
ski holidays
Lets hear it for the Calderdale ski team; Katie Ormerod (Brighouse) and Tyler Harding (Sowerby Bridge).

There're medals there Cool
snow conditions
Anyway my main interest is to see if Warwood can top his "attacked by seagulls wearing a chip hat" commentary. Too much is made of Kenneth Wolstenhome and Aggers/ Johnno when it comes to iconic commentary neglecting the manic genius of Leigh and Warwood.
latest report
Hard to bet against Hirscher and Shiffrin for the slalom disciplines. It would be great to see Ryding with a medal but on current form he needs to up his game.

The speed disciplines are harder to call. Men's could be Svindal or Feuz, but Kriechmayer, Reichelt, Paris, Dressen all have outside chances. For the women Weirather, Goggia, Vonn, Gut are the main contenders.
ski holidays
Less than brilliant start to training for Katie Ormerod - a slip off a rail yesterday and fractured her wrist. Fortunately, not too serious and practice will continue and she should be OK to compete on Sunday.

**Update** Looks like Katie Os training week is going from bad to worse. Another fall today and she's been carted off for a leg scan. Unknown yet how bad the injury is or whether it'll rule her out of competing in Slopestyle qualifiers on Sunday.
snow report
Was that the worst rendition of 'Imagine' ever performed?
ski holidays
I've set up at tipping pool on Superbru shared with Pugski so you can beat those peaky Merikins at something

Fun only - really simple to get the hang of. you can't configure exact events so will have to depend on everyone only tipping in my defined categories.

Please just pick the first person on the list alphabetically for all non qualifying events otherwise it won't let you save your picks and that should even out) Cheats will be named and shamed.

Alpine Skiing
Freestyle Skiing
All Snowboarding
Hockey (just cos I like Hockey)

https://www.superbru.com/wintergames/pool.php?p=11803836

Pool name: Snowheads - Pugski

Pool code: slimdoer

Get your picks in by end of Saturday as first ski medals are contended in the early hours

So as 10 Feb is all non qualifying events your picks should be Braisaz, Dahl Johansen, Ammann, Blondin

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 9-02-18 15:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
These are my predictions:

Mens
SL - M Hirscher
GS- M Hirscher
SG - M Mayer
DH - Jansrudd
Combined - A Pinturault

Womens
SL - Shiffrin
GS - T Worley
SG - L Gut
DH - Vonn
Combined - Shiffrin

Cant wait for Sunday!

I have written a blog on my predictions here - http://batterseaski.co.uk/2018-winter-olympic-predictions/
snow report
Izzy Atkin for a podium place in the women's ski slopestyle
James Woods to pick up a bronze in men's ski slopestyle

No other medals on snow (now Katie Ormerod's out Crying or Very sad )
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Reichelt for DH.... I want to go to a party!
snow conditions
Well not a great start for GB with Nicholls, Morgan and Coultas all out of contention in Slopestyle.
latest report
TBF none of those guys were medal prospects, but to have none in the final is def disappointing. Just recorded our daily Olympics podcast (10 mins long) if you're interested:
https://soundcloud.com/knowledge-is-powder-ski-podcast/daily-winter-olympic-special-day-1
latest report
Well, the womens slopestyle final turned into a war of attrition. If you've got the likes of Anna Gasser unable to land it, you've got problems...
ski holidays
Mens
SL - M Hirscher
GS- M Hirscher
SG - Svindal
DH - Jansrud
Combined - M Hirscher

Womens
SL - Shiffrin
GS - Rebensburg
SG - Goggia
DH - Vonn
Combined - Shiffrin
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Well, the womens slopestyle final turned into a war of attrition. If you've got the likes of Anna Gasser unable to land it, you've got problems...

Was shocking. When the best in the world can't land stuff and a safety run is enough to bag gold it kinda devalues the sport.

IOC lucky it doesn't have a spinal injury or worse on its hands. Not like they give a poo-poo if the show goes on.
snow conditions
Feck curling is the crack cocaine of late night wintersports viewing - just one more end....
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, only 9 clean runs out of over 50...

General question - are they actually *doing* medals this year? Don't think I've actually seen one presented, just lots of stuffed tigers being handed out... Have I missed something?
snow report
They are doing medals, but the presentation is much later than the event. For example, the women's halfpipe medal will be awarded at 11am today, 8 hours after the event finished. The tigers thing does seem pointless...
snow conditions
It's the way of all recent Olympics. A flower or gift ceremony immediately after the event then a separate medal ceremony often in a different location. Easy way to sell more tickets and less cynically a way for more teammates possibly to celebrate the medal.
snow conditions
Alpine combined. Er combined to make it a shoe in for the eventual winner
snow conditions
Crowds terrible , as in lack of
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy