Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do I need to rewax my beard on an 11 day trip

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm going to Tignes next Saturday for 11 days, will I need to rewax my snowboard during that time? How long should a wax job last, or is it all dependant on the snow conditions?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At this time of year, I would expect the wax to last about a week and would re-wax after 6 or 7 days. If you're starting to slow down on the flats half-way through your trip (this is probably when you will notice it most), put some more wax on to see you through. If you're not finding it to be a problem, you might be ok till you get home.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How many days use since last wax?
Def. at least 1 wax & i’d be tempted for another at the end of trip so ready for next time.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I waxed it before the last trip which was 7 days
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You might get away with it by using Zardoz daily on a freshly waxed board and keep a rub on wax block in case you need a top up towards the end.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd give it a wax before you go, and take some Zardoz / wax while you are there if possible.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Decent wax before you go and you should be ok for a couple of weeks if you do a decent job.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A decent wax lasts a few weeks?! Shocked

I find my board needs waxing every 3-7 days depending on conditions. I would definitely recommend getting it waxed at least once during an 11 day trip. You will know when it needs to be waxed anyway (can see board drying out around edges and less glide on flats).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
At least once, if alot of slush down lower maybe 2-3 times in 11 days,
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Use the right wax for the conditions. Warm temp wax during cold conditions gives you poor glide on the flats in my experience.

I’ve not tried cold temp wax during warm conditions. Similar effect? I’d be interested to know.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
First rule of waxing is only wax when you get a round tuit.Things generally run fine until then.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Like mentioned above, you'll need to rewax after around 5 days.
So make sure to bring the equipment or you can also get it waxed for you at the shop, which usually goes for 10-20 euros.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I’ve not tried cold temp wax during warm conditions. Similar effect? I’d be interested to know.

In my experience cold wax during warm conditions is not too bad, definitely better than warm wax on cold snow. The majority of the time now I just use all purpose wax which for the most part is fine. I'm sure it's not as effective as correct temp specific but the difference is not really enough to notice for me, except at extreme cold temperatures where I will use cold wax.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boarder2020 wrote:
Quote:

In my experience cold wax during warm conditions is not too bad, definitely better than warm wax on cold snow. The majority of the time now I just use all purpose wax which for the most part is fine. I'm sure it's not as effective as correct temp specific but the difference is not really enough to notice for me, except at extreme cold temperatures where I will use cold wax.

I used an all temp wax (data wax?) at -30c in Canada one time, it didn't work out well. a 'local conditions' relax and all went well.

To answer the thread title though, I only use wax in my moustache............ Cool
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Waxing your beard is always a good Idea since it presents buildup of icicles
snow report
Onnem wrote:
Waxing your beard is always a good Idea since it presents buildup of icicles

That’s pretty much what I thought when I read the thread title
snow conditions
@fredbob, make sure to wash and condition said beard before waxing Very Happy

I'd do a wax before and top up with Notwax mid trip if it starts to feel slow.

Saying that, depending on conditions and your perceptions, you may or may not notice a difference Very Happy
ski holidays
I'm not sure whether that would provide extra insulation or make your chin even colder.

I'll test it in a couple of weeks in Canazei - if there's anything to actually #!?#!!# ski on!
ski holidays
It will depend on conditions weather it be ice or slush also the amount of km’s Your putting in on the mountain.

I have had my boards last weeks to showing drying up after only a day or two... it’s all about the conditions
snow report
Is it not up to your beard to get herself waxed as and when she pleases?
snow conditions
admin wrote:
Is it not up to your beard to get herself waxed as and when she pleases?

I don't think you're in any position to be giving out advice on waxing, Grizzly Admins!
Get yourself down to a professional barbershop for a Christmas treat snowHead
latest report
AL9000 wrote:
Grizzly Admins!
That's a new one so +1 for originality.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy