Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Grand Bornand

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks!! Looking some help!!

Planning a short 3-4 night break before the end of the season and I've read some nice things about Le Grand Bornand.

Has anyone been there and can offer some advice? I will be flying into Geneva (midweek) and returning Sat / Sun.

I don't really want to drive and all I can find on the web is transfers at the weekend.

I think I can get a train from Geneva airport into central Geneva and then 2 buses to LGB via Annecy (however I could be reading this wrong!!)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Smickers05, Hi, there is a thread under the snow reports section for Le Grand Bornand which you may find will provide some useful information.
We know it well. It would be a good choice for a 3-4 night break as the transfer by car is only about an hour and a quarter. If you don't want to drive yourself but want to maximise time on the slopes your best bet is probably a taxi although this would be fairly expensive as a solo traveller. There are details on the Le Grand Bornand website www.legrandbornand.com
My son used a transfer company recently called Alps2Alps who were very good and reasonably priced (although there were 6 of them sharing). Their email communication was very good so it may be worth having a chat with them. There is also Aravis-shuttle.com which would get you from the airport as far as St Jean de Sixt for 40 euros and is then only a short ride away from Le Grand Bornand in another taxi.
I'm pretty sure my son has also got the bus from the airport to Annecy where we collected him but he didn't have to go into central Geneva to pick it up - he got it from the airport terminal - but I will check this out.
Hope that helps.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi loatie. Many thanks for taking the time to reply. It is greatly appreciated. Some great information and I will check it out. It will be the other half and myself on the trip. Both intermediate skiers. I take it there will be plenty of slopes to keep us amused for 3-4 days?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We’ve been going back to LGB as a family for years. You’ll have no trouble filling a few days.

We tend to base ourselves in Chinaillon (up the road from LGB itself) as it’s a bit higher. Though the main town of LGB has more restaurants and hotel options.

Was planning on trying somewhere different this season but ended up booking LGB again for Easter. Hoping the huge piles of snow last another month.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Smickers05, Me and the boys did a LW to LBG in Jan and arranged a transfer through Alpes2Alpes. One of the gang went back solo via the ski bus to La Clusaz and the normal bus from there to GVA so if the transfer is too expensive for 2 of you
then that's another option.

Trains are awkward I think

We loved the ski area and the friendly fun village with its great pub and nice restaurants.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks MazDave and red 27. Really appreciate you taking the time to respond. Great info.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Smickers05, if you get to the stage of wanting to book accommodation feel free to ask if you have any questions about location etc. As@MazDave, has pointed out there are 2 main options - Le
Grand Bornand village and Le Chinaillon. We are based in Le Chinaillon which is where the skiing is accessed from in the main but there are two gondolas departing from Le Grand Bornand itself which are only a short ride up.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@MazDave,
Glad to hear you’re back again soon!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks @loatie, I was planning on expanding our horizons this season and started digging into options but then saw our favourite apartment was free the first week of Easter hols for only €600 - too good to turn down.

Really looking forward to it having missed last season due to exams, relatives, etc.... Should be some snow and hopefully sun too. Crispy morning runs down Maroly and Terre Rouges followed by long lunches in the sun - that's what I've ordered....

@Smickers05, if you're looking for hotels in LGB I can recommend Hotel Le Delta - short walk to the town square, outdoor hot tub and you can book online.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy