Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mid/late April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Long time lurker but first time poster and looking for a bit of advice.

Due to Geneva closure yesterday our flight from Gatwick was cancelled and next available flight from Easyjet was Sunday afternoon, we were due to fly back Monday morning so cancelled our first trip.

We are both beginner boarders and had a couple of days lessons at MK, we were going to Les Houches as we just wanted a few days somewhere with easy runs and a short transfer from the airport.

Due to work commitments we now don't have a window to get away until the middle of April, so looking for recommendations for a resort with nice easy greens/blues, not a million miles from a airport and as snow sure as possible in mid to late April, not too bothered about nightlife, a decent bar in a hotel for a few drinks is fine.

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IMHO - Les Arcs 2000/1950
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Leeb79, have you rebooked for Geneva or can you fly anywhere?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Layne wrote:
@Leeb79, have you rebooked for Geneva or can you fly anywhere?

Got a refund on flights so happy to go anywhere, only limiting factor is time, a long weekend and April....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shame, first trip as well.

Just started wondering if we could squeeze in an April trip also, so will also be keen to hear others thoughts.

Apart from the standard snowsure resorts wondered if places like Avoriaz, Flaine or ADH might be ok with a shorter transfer from Geneva. If I can swing it probably looking at booking flights and then arranging accom once I know snow conditions.

You would have to check closing dates for mid late April, pretty sure les arcs & la plagne will be open but not sure about others.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Basically you got to get the flights sorted first/now and then where to go after. Check out prices to Geneva, Lyon and and see if it's affordable to you.

Paradiski will be open to 28th April and I suspect the other two domains mentioned are set for the same.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy