Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck ski bus

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Innsbruck for the Xmas markets in December & I have convinced the other half to do some boarding while there.

I am thinking of Schlick (depending on snow) or Stubai if no snow as it has the most blues & I want to help my other half progress to reds (She's capable, just lacks confidence).
I cant work out the busses though.
I know I need to notify hotel reception the night before & I can work out the pick up time.
Just not the return time!

Am I reading this correctly (I know its last seasons schedule) that there is only 1 bus back? or is that the time of the last bus back?
As I know the other half will not want to stay all day!
https://www.innsbruck.info/pdf/skibus_EN.pdf
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That looks like a special free tourist bus, though I'm not certain. Stubai website has the normal local bus timetable – plenty of options but it's not free (2018/19 not online yet).

If you're using local buses, the easiest thing is probably to download the VVT SmartRide app. All bus stops have their location written on them, so just find the one nearest to your accommodation and look this up in the app.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks
I got that app already installed.
Dont mind paying for a bus - just wouldnt want to hang around until 4:30
would be a nightmare if there is an issue like broken equipment, etc. or miss the bus!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is a bit of a long trip for a days skiing especially if your partner does not seem that keen. It is over an hour each way. I have used the buses in summer for mountaineering trips, it can seem a very slow trip back if you are tired after long days out. If you are really keen it might be better to hire a car for the day, more expensive but more flexible and a lot less faff
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
munich_irish wrote:
It is a bit of a long trip for a days skiing especially if your partner does not seem that keen. It is over an hour each way. I have used the buses in summer for mountaineering trips, it can seem a very slow trip back if you are tired after long days out. If you are really keen it might be better to hire a car for the day, more expensive but more flexible and a lot less faff

cheers - hopefully one of the closer resorts in Axim or Schlick will have snow
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ha - I've been speaking to a few people at the tourist board to try to get this simplified.

I *believe* the free tourist ski bus only does the return journey from Stubai at 4:30 (other resorts more regularly) - but there may be more than one bus at that time depending on numbers of people.

However there are plenty of regular paid (couple of euros) busses back to the city, every half hour or so.

Schlick is ideal for nervous skiers (my Mum loves it), but beware of the glacier is closed (high winds etc) it gets RAMMED.

Other good mellow local options include Bergeralm and Muttereralm. And probably Patscherkofel, though it usually has the worst snow in the area. Kühtai too, though a bit further afield.

EDIT: btw the J bus to Patscherkofel is also free if you're in ski kit
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yup the paid bus is only around 7.5 euros return
The free Bus is in Ski gear + having a valid Innsbruck card from what I can work out + you need to request the night before to be picked up or make your own way to the bus park.
She can board reds, she just gets nervous or loses confidence on busy slopes.

I think Stubai will be plan B if somewhere else is open & will for a resort closer to Innsbruck
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mr.Egg,
You can get the train to Seefeld. That is ideal for nervous types.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
musher wrote:
@Mr.Egg,
You can get the train to Seefeld. That is ideal for nervous types.

thats an option. not far from the train station. going early dec. so will decide on snow cover nearer the time
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy