Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts from Toulouse

Poster: A snowHead
I have the possibility of cheap flights to Toulouse in mid February – which resorts should I be looking at?

The main jaunt is at easter, so ideally, this will be a lower cost adventure - 2 adults and 2 teenagers.

Any advice on accommodation / equipment / lift pass combos would also be welcome.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bacqueira?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
St lary is one of the nearest but I've only been there in summer.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
When went to Pas de La Casa on a stag we flew into Toulouse - but it took 3 hours on the bus Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@OTS, Font Romeu? I don't remember it all that well. Small, very French, lots of easy runs. What kind of skiing are you after?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Les angles and the resorts nearby- pretty much as cheap as skiing gets and some lovely skiing.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How good are you all?
Do you want lessons?
What is the likelihood of you getting bored in a smallish place after a couple of days?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all
We are bimbling intermediates, who Ski in Scotland and an annual pilgrimage to Cervinia at Easter.
We will only have 3 days on the snow, so small resorts are OK. I'll have a look at some of the recommendations - thanks.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And what about transfer? Car hire, or bus?

3 days might be good for a cute little resort. Do be aware that Sat-Tue is Carnival so it may be busier than usual.

Also try to check snow across the range to work out whether it's better to go west or east from Toulouse.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another vote for Baqueira-Beret, where I am now. Perfect for intermediates, lots of lovely long, wide pistes.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Peyragudes is close. Used to go there regularly.Not a huge area but enough for a week and rarely too busy. Affordble and very friendly locals.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I recommend Luchon, the 'Chamonix of the Pyrénées', which has plenty of bars, hotels, and restaurants and a cable car up to the pistes of Superbagnères (French for 'above the baths [of Luchon]').

If you wanted a budget hotel a short walk from the cable car, then try http://www.hotel-des2nations.com/
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Of Course, if you had cheap Ryan Air flights to Lourdes, then I'd recommend a stay 20mins away in Luz-Saint-Sauveur in Hotel Les Templiers, and a daily 20-30 minute drive to/from one of several nearby ski resorts, e.g. Luz-Ardiden or La Mongie (Grand Tourmalet). Several good bars and restaurants in Luz, e.g. La Tasca (with beer from their own brewery), and Chez Christine.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Piau Engaly might be worth a look. Years since I have been there, but a good variety of runs, high compared to most places in the Pyrenees and somewhat unique architecture. Certainly used to be a range of accommodation and eating options.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A few years ago we did a weekend at Guzet. It was lovely just enough for a few days. We stayed in a friend's place in Seix which was 30min away but in the resort itself there were lots of little chalets which looked really nice so stay in some right on the piste.
snow report
I'm heading that way in early March. Easyjet to Toulouse then driving down to Ax-les-Thermes. Looks like a decent ski area with a bit of a town in the valley too.
ski holidays
@MagSeven, that's a user name I haven't seen around since the days of Dark Summer! Enjoy the Pyrenees it's lovely down here, and snowing lots this week!!
ski holidays
@Pumba, yes! Recognise your name too. Been a long time since the DS forum!

Thanks man, looking forward to it. First ski trip to Europe for a while!
ski holidays
It's not that far to Pas de la Casa. If you're driving yourselves, allow 2 1/2 hours, and a bit for stops. And it's a nice big bimbling ski area!
ski holidays
MagSeven wrote:
I'm heading that way in early March. Easyjet to Toulouse then driving down to Ax-les-Thermes. Looks like a decent ski area with a bit of a town in the valley too.
Hello! Toofy Grin How are ya'all? Are you taking Felix skiing (again wink )?
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
MagSeven wrote:
Hello! Toofy Grin How are ya'all? Are you taking Felix skiing (again wink )?

Hiya! We're all good thanks. And yep, taking Felix along, but he might not be on skis just yet.....

Actually meeting up with our French cycling buddies who also have had a baby boy, so we'll be splitting the babysitting/skiing duties!
snow report
Probably too late now, but for your combo of adults and kids, I'd suggest Saint Lary

Details of transfers here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3190509#3190509
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy