Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

eye opener

Poster: A snowHead
Caught this earlier today. shows how things can easily be misjudged, and group metality can take the lesd, nothing tragic, but things can be learnt.

http://youtube.com/v/ai9OkTEU3x8
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Amazes me when morons like this make videos telling people not to do the moronic thing they have just done........guess what, most of us wouldn't even consider doing what you just did because we have a brain.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
what's the key bit?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
decision making on the ridge, two of the party lack the technical ability, one of the party doesn't want to do the run. they were lucky in that two of them were prepared and able to back track.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Bob, ta...just flicked through it as it is 13 mins long. Not something I'd ever be doing!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
sorry- 4:30 to about 5:30
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well that’s 10 minutes I’ll never get back... kept waiting for something actually happen.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I loved all the "even I was feeling uneasy" narrator comments. God bless his little cotton socks. I do like the fact that despite his imminent demise, he kept the go pro rolling. I know if I'd tried to take my Mrs down something that she was that uncomfortable with, I'd be searching for my goolies for a month. All that aside, looks like a nice run.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So we find out that Bella didn't want to do it, but did do it... did I miss something?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So they walked up somewhere, didn’t fancy it and did something else?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Didn't look that steep.

Muppets.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
there is money to be made on YouTube, that is what he seems to be trying to do, hugely uninteresting though!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
He couldn't of been that worried coz he was filming himself.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
He couldn't of been that worried coz he was filming himself.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I don't even understand what language he is speaking.
snow conditions
So scared he hand held his go-pro all the way. T!t
latest report
haigie wrote:
Well that’s 10 minutes I’ll never get back... kept waiting for something actually happen.

+ 1 . Yawn.
latest report
@kedsky,

Do you mean that you don't know what language he was speaking? or don't understand his accent? Puzzled
snow report
Near death as in died of boredom?
snow report
Quote:

or don't understand his accent?

aussies! (coming from a kiwi)

Bunch of muppets even trying that...all for the camera to get a cool vid
snow report
Thanks for the video bob.

As a nervous intermediate I can relate to much of emotion there. The fear, panic, the “I’m such an idiot, what was I thinking” and the elation of getting down safely. I felt for the guy and I think he got away lightly with poor Bella, though she got down as well.

At the end of it he’s highlighting just how easy it is to overestimate your capabilities and how quickly things can get out of control in that sort of environment. He’s only young.

I reckon the mood Bella was in, the single beds shown at the beginning were a good idea!!
ski holidays
Hayden appears to be an utter cockwomble. Bella should dump him ASAP.

Lake chutes aren't that extremo and Imperial ridge is a groomer out if you are going to reverse your decision so no need for the drama.
latest report
rolling eyes

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 8-02-18 5:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
What a fuss about a nursery slope with a crusty top layer and a few rocks sticking through.

I nominate this guy for the 2018 Oscar for overacting.
ski holidays
If watching that video stops just one person from putting themselves and/or others at risk then full marks to Hayden for portraying himself as the 'idiot'!
ski holidays
+1
latest report
But the point is he knew it was a bad idea from the start but because he was grandstanding for his Youtube channel or whatever he had to big it up and go for something outside his group's abilities. He could easily have dropped into Whale's Tail if he wanted to big up his big mtn experience for his clueless followers. Hell given their ability taking a tame line down Imperial Bowl would have been more than challenging enough (which is what he seems to end up doing while making it out to be the most extremo rescue of all time. The narcissism of having to document his life on Youtube is what is really at fault. And as for the irrelevant jump cuts to some drone shots or stock footage of a lake - that is nowhere near Breck.

I realise I'm too old and grouchy to be in Youtuber demographic but for feck's sake kids follow this utter dogpile?
latest report
Quote:

I loved all the "even I was feeling uneasy" narrator comments. God bless his little cotton socks. I do like the fact that despite his imminent demise, he kept the go pro rolling. I know if I'd tried to take my Mrs down something that she was that uncomfortable with, I'd be searching for my goolies for a month. All that aside, looks like a nice run.

It's garbage isn't it?
Apparently he was out of his depth and fearing for his life but he still rode with a wand of narcissism in his hand? If it was really getting difficult you'd have stowed that and focused on the job in hand. What a pillock
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hah there is more total bellendery being made into major drama by this tool

http://youtube.com/v/oR95v8iHhMM

Maybe we're the suckers and he is totally financing his travels around the world with this shiite. Maybe the point is to be a bellend just to get hits.
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, You won't finance much with a couple of thousand views. Depends on a lot of stuff but the average is 0.4p per view. The linked vid has not much more than 1000 views so a grand total of 40 quid. If people don't watch the majority of the vid you don't get your 0.4p, so if he made 20 quid from it he isn't going to travel too far.
ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, He’s made a shed load the last 2 days from the thousands viewing from here snowHead Laughing
snow conditions
@Thornyhill, he should adding tips about how to keep your makeup in place and stop your hair do getting messed up by the helmet bashing against rocks & trees. He'd have a following in no time at all.
snow report
Classic box ticking vs having fun on terrain you can actually cope with. At least he appears to realise his mistake.
ski holidays
Total bell end!!
latest report
I thought I'd overloaded on douchebag by watching the first video, then I watched the clip of Captain Bellend deciding that there were more Gnar points on offer for faceplanting a tree. The video of Bella prancing about on the beach without much on was much better.

A good warning for ambitious early intermediates though. I started out as a less ambitious box ticker (I decided I had to do a black run by the end of my first week, cue very ugly and slow descent of a fairly tame La Plagne black run) but quickly realised that I wanted something different from skiing. Wish I'd had the benefit of seeing the vlogs from Chief F**kwit in Charge to warn me off.
latest report
What a bellend.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy