Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apres Ski - Salopettes

Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of getting a locker in the lift station to save walking around with skis / boots. Does anyone have any nifty tips to hold up the hems of your ski trousers, so they don't constantly get trodden on??

Very annoying when bouncing around to terrible Austrian euro-pop after a bucket of schnapps. NehNeh
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@TopGooner, I just turn mine up.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
'70s glam rock platforms??
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cycle clips. If you’re worried about looking naff remember that you’ll be dancing to Europop Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tuck them into your socks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Erm... don't worry about them and just get them trodden on... After several ales you won't give two sh*ts Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AlpineAddict wrote:
Erm... don't worry about them and just get them trodden on... After several ales you won't give two sh*ts Very Happy Very Happy

👍
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Are you vertically-challenged? The hem of my salos does not reach the floor...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@queen bodecia, actually neither do mine now I've had 6 inches lopped off the bottom wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Do they have a velcro flap / strap you use to seal around your boots? That might tighten them around the ankle...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Turn up the ankle snow skirts and fold them over so they hold the hems in place.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Duct Tape?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@queen bodecia,
Are you Amazonian? I have to double mine up with ski boots off... Shocked Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@TopGooner, I just turn mine up.

I always do this and my mates laugh at me, except I'm the one with the non-trashed salopettes at the end of the session Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dress for the occasion, reserve that locker and kit it out with evening wear.

https://www.shinesty.com/collections/vintage-ski-clothing

Ebay is your friend.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Retro-Vintage-80s-90s-Ski-Suit-Neon-Stag-Hen-Apres-Ski-JACKET-OXBOW-XL-/253345275107

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 6-02-18 13:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
This has to be a wind up.
latest report
Those things with the velcro that hold skis together. If anyone asks just say your drinking is sponsored by Salomon etc.
latest report
Ski boots.
ski holidays
Rule #1. It's not apres ski if you're not still in your ski boots!

Rule #2. Salopettes and apres ski don't mix - salopettes are not known for their convenience for toilet breaks, the need for which increases exponentially as the apres ski consumption gets going and one initially breaks the seal.

Buy some ski trousers. Unless of course your going to wear the salopettes with the upper bib and should strap part undone and hanging loose down around your knees in some sort of hipster fashion statement, in which case you won't be worried about the hems anyway Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Yeah well when I say salopettes, I mean ski trousers and yes they are a couple of inches too long when I'm not wearing ski boots.

I sort of agree that après isn't après if you're not wearing ski boots. But when you're "out out" and still in your ski gear, you need dance floor shoes!

I spent a load on Patagonia Powder Bowl trousers and would prefer they didn't get trashed.

So far I'm liking the cycle clips and duct tape ideas Laughing
latest report
wear shiny disco tights underneath. Stash salopettes with ski boots and rule the dance floor.
snow conditions
Couple of swift beers then just take them off. Nobody'll notice!
snow report
@TopGooner, check your pockets! I discovered way too late that inside my thigh/knee pockets there were pull cords that performed exactly this function! You could pull the cords tight and they would lift the back of the trousers up. No more crud on the back. Amazing eh?
ski holidays
Laughing
latest report
joydivision wrote:
@TopGooner, check your pockets! I discovered way too late that inside my thigh/knee pockets there were pull cords that performed exactly this function! You could pull the cords tight and they would lift the back of the trousers up. No more crud on the back. Amazing eh?

Ha ha yes, mine too. First world problems.
snow report
Just go with the flow - last year I discovered the hems of my favourite ski pants (Salopettes?Trousers?) were all chewed up so I just chopped them off - no problem!
ski holidays
@TopGooner, Apres is not Apres if one is not wearing ones ski boots! Toofy Grin
snow report
This thread has made me chuckle.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fartbag001

Fartbag002

Fartbag003

Ski Jacket 001
ski holidays
Cuban heels?
ski holidays
Yeti-Apres-Ski-Clubbing-Moon-Boots
latest report
holidayloverxx wrote:
@queen bodecia, actually neither do mine now I've had 6 inches lopped off the bottom wink

Shocked Shocked

...oh, I see. You mean the hem. snowHead
snow report
@adithorp, NehNeh
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/SsX12TVJD3Y
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy