Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serfaus/Fiss/Ladis 2018/19

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading out at the end of next week, looks like more snow over next few days mainly above 2000m. Will update as soon as I'm there, who's out this season?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arrived last Friday and first ski day was on Saturday. Best conditions I’ve had in the five years I’ve been coming here. Great coverage everywhere. Yesterday the snow came, limited visibility so stayed around Plansegg area and skied fresh tracks on every run right up to 16.30 when I finished. Got up early this morning and headed to Masner, but first run of the day was the itinerary at the top of Plansegg going down to the Scheidbahn it was untracked and absolutely mint. The temperature rose overnight and it was about 3 degrees at the top, so the snow around Masner was wind blown and a bit heavy off piste but still good fun.

Spent the afternoon with the kids just lapping the off piste skiers left of Obere Scheidbahn, absolutely superb and no one on it.

Mores snow forecast tomorrow but high winds, will see how it pans out
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not been to this area yet but it remains high on my list of places I really need to go to. Please keep the reports coming.......
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So today was all about snow. It started this morning and someone forgot to turn the tap off. It’s meant to finish around 1am this morning, there was at least 30cm around Plansegg so it’s going to be deeep tomorrow. The biggest threat is the wind, most of the Lifts at altitude were shut today and it’s likely to be the same tomorrow.

Popped over to Fiss this morning to show my brother in law a bit more of the area and we hit some big queues at the base station (although putting things into perspective it was only about 15 mins wait). We always joke how icy it is over in Fiss and despite the snow it was no different today.

It was bitterly cold today so took refuge a couple of times and lapped Plansegg this afternoon in low viz and deep snow.

We skied till about 16.30 and managed to sneak a bit more powder just to the side of the home run. I was going to drop in below the sun liner but don’t know the route and had the kids with me.

So fingers crossed for tomorrow, meeting an instructor friend who has a couple of hours free before his first lesson so that should be fun. He’s been teaching on piste all week and is desperate for some powder. If the high lifts aren’t open Plansegg should be pretty mint and I know all the routes down to the home run, all pretty mellow stuff but should be good fun.

Heard my first British accent of the week today which always sucks wink that’s kinda the point of coming here to get away from it! Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bitterly cold today up high with strong wind but lifts nearly all operating, currently trying to warm up in the Hexenhutte in the Masner area. Avalanche risk at 4 today, lots of fresh snow but need to be careful. Visibility good, not too busy today, the cold must be keeping people away.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What a day. Amazing conditions on Plansegg with perfect powder. As @Peter Ross, said bitterly cold. Run of the day was the off piste to the right of the Kerbabfahrt from the top of Plansegg to the bottom of the Scheidbahn, lost count how many times we did it today.

Headed to Masner mid morning but as we got higher the snow off piste became worse on all aspects, wind affected and less of it and we decided to head back as it was Baltic. The temperature read -8 at the Moosbahn but it felt more like -20.

The snow coverage everywhere is amazing with more snow on the way, anyone coming out this month is sorted.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another great day yesterday. Bit warmer than Thursday but still very cold. It was a case of eat, sleep, repeat, skiing powder all day again Smile

The best snow was at Plansegg, it’s not the steepest but ideal gradient for taking kids into powder and my 11 and 13 year old just want to ski in the deep stuff all day and we were able to find fresh lines right up until the close of play. The wind had blown again at altitude and covered our tracks from the previous day on our favourite off piste run down to Scheidbahn.

When you head down from the top of Plansegg skier’s right there is a piste heading down to Scheidbahn. We popped over the side of that into the off piste which runs parallel to the red going back to Komperdell. It was wind blown but really great fun to ski and no one was on it so we kept lapping it. You follow a traverse around above the top of the Familienbahn, a nice pitch completely untracked but not a place to fall over in front of the chair lift crowd.

We had time to have lunch at the See Alm which was great. One of my friends was bigging up The Kolner House just below Komperdell, he eats their everyday and says it is good value and excellent.

Best week we’ve ever had there, private lessons were great, my son’s group lesson no so and he decided to come out on the last day, the level just
wasn’t strong enough. They have done away with ‘ski offs’ now and just ask people their level, it’s not a good system but they didn’t seem bothered to listen to any feedback.

It was hosing when we left this morning and even more so in Innsbruck where are spending the night after our flight was delayed.

Booked again for next year which will be our 6th visit, been truly blessed to meet and make friends with some great people who go back year after year - it really is a great place

Next stop for me Verbier In 3 weeks Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A little snapshot of how it was last week.. https://twitter.com/andreaustin1/status/1081552335388790785?s=21

This week looks to be one for the ages snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Guernseyfreerider wrote:
A little snapshot of how it was last week.. https://twitter.com/andreaustin1/status/1081552335388790785?s=21

This week looks to be one for the ages snowHead

Thanks for sharing. Looks awesome.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arrived in Serfaus morning. half day on the snowboard. Sunny and warm (3:45pm: 16'c in the village. 7/8'c at 2,500m). Entire area open. When you know the place and look for the right exposures, its possible to find some pockets of powdery snow not far from pistes, or more likely cold snow with good grip. Otherwise, spring snow prevails, which i much prefer to ice for the pistes anyway. Good days to hit the challenging black pistes!
Same conditions expected today.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy